Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Must be the only Labour politician to have looked at the polls recently going “shit shit shit shit SHIT”

Absolute spanner, deserves it purely for being so dumb never mind anything else

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
All the bloody same

1000003567.png

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You’re not allowed to say ‘They’re all the same” 😂😂😂

Now what what it that Joseph De Maistre said…..

And I thought you were beyond all hope :thumbsup:

He said (obviously I've translated for you) 'Every nation gets the government it deserves'

Personally, I believe the following may be more suitable for your good self 'A naive voter gets whatever they keep voting for' again and again :facepalm:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Surely this a joke? Please tell me this is fake, I am so confused if it is for real.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/labour-candidate-suspended-as-gambling-commission-launches-investigation/

I believe he has bet against himself winning, so stupid as it appears (and dealt with within the hour) he had no inside knowledge of anything :shrug:

Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if more comes out about this particular individual (and the other one where a whole group were sharing inside information on the date of the election to line their own pockets) :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/labour-candidate-suspended-as-gambling-commission-launches-investigation/

I believe he has bet against himself winning, so stupid as it appears (and dealt with within the hour) he had no inside knowledge of anything :shrug:

Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if more comes out about this particular individual (and the other one where a whole group were sharing inside information on the date of the election to line their own pockets) :wink:

Wonder why the Gambling Commission are investigating him?

Some new MP’s might sh1t themselves in the months ahead when they hear mention of the Gambling Commission.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Handing the initiative back to the tories

I'm really not sure.

The only insider information he had was that he was a bit crap.

Hardly. He had bet against himself winning.

:lolol:

What a plum. It won't make a dent against the other allegations I'm afraid and Starmer (unlike Sunak) acted immediately.

That's one of the traits of the modern Tory party, very very slow to act.

Sunak could have fixed that, but he hasn't.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I know that Two Profs would have been so proud of you with your MASSIVE font Jpeg, but I'm really sorry to say (and I'm sure I'm not the first) that maybe you should try and be less excitable, premature even, in your desperation, ... relax .. breathe ... and wait until some facts come out, before you embarrass yourself yet again :wink:

I've now made myself feel quite ill, until tomorrow :wave:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Stupid, stupid bastard.
Back to living in Whoville and being a nobody for the rest of his life. What an idiot.

Very impressively despatched by Starmer who clearly had his finger on the trigger for anyone who’d made any sort of Political bet. What a contrast to the spineless Lego Elvis. That escape flight to L.A. a week Friday can’t come soon enough for him.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Back to living in Whoville and being a nobody for the rest of his life. What an idiot.

Very impressively despatched by Starmer who clearly had his finger on the trigger for anyone who’d made any sort of Political bet.
Gotta be zero tolerance, same with the antisemites. One and done. Good on Starmer acting immediately.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Starmer has acted differently than Sunak and Johnson did, and acted swiftly and got rid, with no obfuscation, lies or smoke and mirrors. Labour have also returned donated funds, different to the Tory party's MO with sullied donations.

Apart from those fundamental differences, completely the same.
So other than;
The outcome of the bet not yet known
Leader acting swiftly
Leader acting decisively
Returning any associated funds
Not lying or deception

what have the Romans ever done for us.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Not Labour related but didn't want to start yet another politics thread. I see Ed Davey has now admitted betting on the 2010 election, this time in a positive light on his own party according to him, but lost his stake!.

Are they all just mental?, why would anyone involved in politics and with designs on office/power go anywhere near a flutter on their own performance/involvement.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Wonder why the Gambling Commission are investigating him?

Some new MP’s might sh1t themselves in the months ahead when they hear mention of the Gambling Commission.
The tories under investigation had inside information on a result before it was confirmed. This is more like a footballer betting on football matches that they are playing in. He could deliberately perform badly to influence the result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here