Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The irony is that most of the country are either half pissed or watching the Spain game or both.

Betgate will be today’s takeaway.

Definitely. Votes won’t be swayed by these meet voters meets leader Q&A’s. Just interesting to me that Bruce wasn’t even handed across all 4 leaders.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Definitely. Votes won’t be swayed by these meet voters meets leader Q&A’s. Just interesting to me that Bruce wasn’t even handed across all 4 leaders.
Yes, that’s a big concern. Many say Laura K is incredibly biased towards the Tories.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
On my way home after watching Sussex convincingly beat Kent.

Not watching any of these debates as the media are appalling at covering politics nowadays (on all sides).

The danger is that they play into this ‘Labour have already won’ narrative which is a load of balls.

Unfortunately, all politicians are hamstrung by having to appeal to a very narrow cabal of media owners which is why we get cartoon politics and naive debate.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not watching any of these debates as the media are appalling at covering politics nowadays (on all sides).
I do worry about the questions being asked and who is setting the agenda.

Asking Davy about student loans, Starmer about Corbyn and Rishi about Liz Truss just seemed an absolute waste of time. We knew what the answers would be on all of these issues, we’ve heard them so many times before.

Meanwhile there were so many big issues that affect people everyday not covered. It’s very frustrating and just puts people off politics.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Asking Davy about student loans, Starmer about Corbyn and Rishi about Liz Truss just seemed an absolute waste of time. We knew what the answers would be on all of these issues, we’ve heard them so many times before.

Meanwhile there were so many big issues that affect people everyday not covered. It’s very frustrating and just puts people off politics.

Very true. Sh1t stirring/grandstanding by the news channels and ‘big hitter’ presenters. Raking over coals.

Looks like we’ve gone down the US route.

Similarly, an obsession with polls over discussion on real world issues, which might end up influencing results. Not Tory paranoia, this was also mentioned in 2019. Herd instinct … some marginal voters opt for the seemingly winning side to be part of it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Yes, it's incredibly frustrating and without historical context.

I couldn't give a f@@@ who propped up who in the past, that's politics. I also couldn't give a toss whether they have changed their mind on certain issues.

You need to see them hammered on their policies and an audience vote at the end of each question on whether they answered the question or not.

If they refuse to answer it, move on, It wastes so much time in these debates.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, it's incredibly frustrating and without historical context.

I couldn't give a f@@@ who propped up who in the past, that's politics. I also couldn't give a toss whether they have changed their mind on certain issues.

You need to see them hammered on their policies and an audience vote at the end of each question on whether they answered the question or not.

If they refuse to answer it, move on, It wastes so much time in these debates.

Fiona Bruce types wanting to appear like peak Paxman. Eating into the 25 minutes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another leader's Q&A session on QT tonight, the key takeaway is no errors from Starmer. I fast forwarded the second half of Swinney, he's OK but nowhere near as impressive as SNP Westminster leader Stephen Flynn.

I'd say all 3 main leaders scored a solid 7/10, but for Rishi that isn't good enough. Apparently freeports are a Brexit benefit - who knew? He is feistier and more sure of himself but constantly events conspire against him, be it the D Day disaster or tonight's election date betting scandal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here