Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apparently Kinnock was well aware towards the business end of the ‘92 campaign that the Tories had edged ahead and were likely to win. Major had an outstanding campaign with that soap box stuff he did.
Oh, alright.

Alright!

:wink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought Labour had won ... until mid evening on election night I bumped into Andrew Bowden in Sussex Square (we both lived in the area). He said convincingly to prepare for a surprise, their exit polling throughout the country suggested a Tory overall majority.
I was pretty sure Labour had lost at 7.30 that morning. I was on my way to work, after voting, and overheard two London Underground cleaners talking about how they were going to vote Conservative as they didn't want to pay even more tax. As some of the lowest paid workers, they'd have been better off under Labour's tax plans, but the message hadn't cut through. I didn't need an exit poll to tell me the news

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Loose lips sink ships they say....

Interesting that this will probably lose Labour votes. Are they foolish or virtuous to pursue such matters? Time will tell.

Personally I prefer it to the 'my party right or wrong' position that has allowed countless Tories to retain the whip despite coming out with some reprehensible tomfoolery.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Loose lips sink ships they say....

Interesting that this will probably lose Labour votes. Are they foolish or virtuous to pursue such matters? Time will tell.

Personally I prefer it to the 'my party right or wrong' position that has allowed countless Tories to retain the whip despite coming out with some reprehensible tomfoolery.
Maybe they’ll gain more than lose by taking the measures they are…..but perhaps need Angela to bite her lip in public

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was pretty sure Labour had lost at 7.30 that morning. I was on my way to work, after voting, and overheard two London Underground cleaners talking about how they were going to vote Conservative as they didn't want to pay even more tax. As some of the lowest paid workers, they'd have been better off under Labour's tax plans, but the message hadn't cut through. I didn't need an exit poll to tell me the news
This is why we shouldn’t write off the Tory’s.

We have made the mistake of being complacent before, over Brexit.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This is why we shouldn’t write off the Tory’s.

We have made the mistake of being complacent before, over Brexit.
Who fcking cares. It won't make a blind bit of difference. Whoever is in charge will tinker around the edges, unwilling to do anything to help the tax burden that is crippling this country. Direct..indirect...stealth...theft... call it what you like, its a poor reflection on the electorate that we have allowed this to reach obscene proportions.
They take far, far too much and we get too little in return. We have allowed these odious individuals to ride roughshod over us and we do nothing to try and change the system. It doesn't work.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Who fcking cares. It won't make a blind bit of difference. Whoever is in charge will tinker around the edges, unwilling to do anything to help the tax burden that is crippling this country. Direct..indirect...stealth...theft... call it what you like, its a poor reflection on the electorate that we have allowed this to reach obscene proportions.
They take far, far too much and we get too little in return. We have allowed these odious individuals to ride roughshod over us and we do nothing to try and change the system. It doesn't work.
This guy speaks a lot of sense about tax:

We could all have our tax rates reduced substantially if the billionaires payed a wealth tax on things like their passive incomes or were made to sell off the vast quantities of housing stock they own. But they own a lot of the media and make sure we’re all so outraged by immigration, trans people and Angela Rayner, we don’t notice them take most of the pie.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This guy speaks a lot of sense about tax:
no, he says something you want to hear*. but his argument leads to taxing our assets which is our pensions and savings, which feeds investments in the economy. so yeah, you'd probably shift the burden of tax at the cost of reducing investment and shrinking the economy.

*he keeps mixing income and wealth, to make it seem like it doesn't matter. countries tax income as the broadest and most reliable tax base, if assets are the focus of tax base, when they fall in value your budget is fubar'd. he gives a nice popular reference of Sunak, ignoring the wealth he refers to is in foreign companies, which we dont have any claim over. its presented as so easy to do, just tax wealth, why hasn't anyone thought of that before?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here