Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour Leadership Contest

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Results announced tomorrow, will be fascinating to find out who has won. It's been an excellent campaign played out in the right spirit, from what I've seen I think Ed Balls is the best candidate but I think Ed Milliband will win.

ed_balls.jpg

:bowdown:

Last edited:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I think it's sadly been overshadowed by the ridiculous hype by the media surrounding the Milliband brothers.

If anyone other than David Milliband wins the election, then Labour can look forward to another 10 years in opposition and that's not to say that I don't think that the others can do a decent job (ok - maybe with the exception of Balls).

Ed Milliband looks and sounds like a cartoon character.
Diane Abbott is too left wing and would not appeal to the middle classes
Ed Balls is not liked amongst most rank & file Labour activists
Andy Burnham is probably a good outside bet, but lacks the experience & credibility that you need to represent the country.

Sadly, politics in the UK is no longer about substance, but how good you look in front of a TV camera...Clegg, Cameron & Blair are proof of that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My thoughts:

1. David Miliband will win.
2. Andy Burnham has the best ideas and is most progressive, but not P.M / leadership material.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
whoever it is lets hope they have the Balls to get stuck into this lot that make out it was the Labour party that got us into this mess maybe they did prevaricate somewhat but the banks got us into this and now will skim off the right amount to get back to THEIR status quo
and fook everyone else

tried to get a mortgage lately

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The only candidate who's got any real alternative vision is Burnham. I like his National Care Service proposal; it's the sort of policy that could get them back into power.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Its a while since the words fascinating and excellent have been used in the same sentance as Labour.

Any one see the poll in the Indy today, scary reading Labour supporters!

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Ed balls and his discusting wife are as detached from reality as any blue blooded silver spoon in the mouth tory MP you could find, fatty soames for example.

I hope he wins to be honest, at least it would have some entertainment value unlike the dull as dishwater milliband brothers or token woman AND ethnic (two birds with one stone there) dianne abbot.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Got to be Ed Balls,just think he could go on to be another great Labour leader. :facepalm:

Attachments

• michael-foot-labour.png
    michael-foot-labour.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 193

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I voted for Ed Milliband. Fingers crossed.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Did anyone see the Alan Davies programme last night? Showed the classic labour party conference in 1985 when Kinnock took on the loooooooony left. Great viewing! They had Kinnock watching it with him and he was unaware of some of his colleagues reaction on the stage behind him! Derek Hatton was there shouting his head off as usual. Politics used to be exciting in those days. I guess that was the begining of the end for the labour party as it had been for years.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Ed Balls best candidate!!!

If Labour want to spend the next 30 year in opposition.

im pretty certain that crodo just said ed balls as an excuse to post THAT picture

and who can blame him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here