Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour 12 points ahead in latest opinion poll

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
well in the not too distant future I myself may be trying to tackle apathy and I may even attempt to be a parliamentary candidate

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
bigc said:
well in the not too distant future I myself may be trying to tackle apathy and I may even attempt to be a parliamentary candidate
Then you will be needing a spin doctor and I am your man, I will make sure no one turns up for the party conference.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
If there were three or four polls taken over a few days that showed Labour with a twelve point lead, I'd believe them. This is such a big leap it looks like a dodgy sample.

Still reckon Labour have a lead in the polls mind, just a smaller one.

Last edited:

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Originally posted by London Irish
Poll out of sync - wrong, all recent polls show Tory support declining.
Poll out of sync ... absolutely right! I'm not saying the rest are showing the Tories are in the lead, it's the size of the lead that's being questioned by the media.

Tory spending cuts "a lie" - the Tory party has a record of 18 years of cuts and Howard Flight let the cat out of the bag where the next lot are coming from.
The lie about the Tory spending cuts is that the figure is a comparison between what Labour say they are planning to spend on public services between now and 2011 and what the Tories say they would spend by then. Projecting public expenditure over such a long period is very inaccurate, more so given that Labour have not set their spending plans beyond 2007/8.

So it's not a spending cut ... it's a difference in what they say they might spend but it's being presented as spending cuts.

"they're as bad as each other" - Simplistic rubbish.
The previous Conservate government was riddled with sleaze and corruption. Tony Blair came to power, declaring his government would be 'purer than pure, whiter than white'. I could list the numerous incidents that would portray them in a similar light to the previous government but I'm sure you're already aware of them.

Imho neither party has got the balls to say what lies the other side of the election. Brown didn't have the balls to say in 2001 that he would increase NI contributions after the election. Is there anyone who thinks taxes won't have to rise under the next Labour government for Brown to balance the books? Is there anyone who thinks the Conservatives are painting the full picture?

I don't have to read it again

"John Major' government the best" - Laughable.

You do have to read it again cos I'm not saying Major's government was the best. What I am saying is that I believe as a country, we flourished under Major's minority government purely because they were a crippled and weak government. They couldn't really do anything because they didn't have the support. They couldn't f:censored:ck things up. When Labour came to power in 1997, generally speaking the economy was healthy, to the extent that Labour was able to promise to stick to the previous administration's spending plans for 2 years.

The 1992 pre-election polls. Kinnock never had anything like a 12-point lead. And the 1997 and 2001 pre-election polls actually underestimated Labour's victory.
The point I was making here was bigc, who started the thread, appeared to be assuming that because one opinion poll was giving Labour a 12 point lead, it was done and dusted.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
bigc said:
well, Mr Flight seems to have put a downward spiral on the tories campaign, the latest opinion poll has Labour on 43 percent, Tories 31, Lib Dem 7,Other 9.

the poll was actually conducted prior to the Flight Fiasco so it could actually get worse for the tories.

*breathes a sigh of relief*

WHEN R THE FIXTURES OUT:dunce:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
if you didnt want to know, you didnt have to read it.

I really dont understand NSC, its like sometimes its full of 7 year olds who always have to be constantly entertained, and if they dont like it, they start shouting fixtues at you

bigc said:
well, Mr Flight seems to have put a downward spiral on the tories campaign, the latest opinion poll has Labour on 43 percent, Tories 31, Lib Dem 7,Other 9.

the poll was actually conducted prior to the Flight Fiasco so it could actually get worse for the tories.

*breathes a sigh of relief*
"breathes a sigh of relief"? heh... you're having a laugh yeah? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here