Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labels for the older man.Sonneti yay or nay?

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
O/K wise ones,i am like many on here getting on a bit and unlike our younger members get most(well all actually) of my clobber at Department stores.
So I work on the theory that if it is stock it has got to be for old gits like me(mid 50's). I really cant see some teenager popping into shops like Debenhams etc for a pair of jeans and I am really taken by a nice Sonneti jacket and a few T shirts BUT am I deluding myself in an attempt to get a bit of street cred when I wear it to Withdean.
Sonneti for the over 50's.NSC you decide

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hook yourself up with some Sergio Tacchini or some of the new retro Fila range.

I got my old man a Tacchini and he loves it and he is in his 50s.

The Cardinal

Bishop of Withdean
Sep 2, 2008
St Peters
Surely your tailor can run up a few lounge suits suitable for casual social occassions. I understand suede shoes are acceptable in many modern venues as well.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sonneti stuff is good stuff, so go for it.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Im 37 and if it looks good buy/wear it.

I got 500 & 600 quid coats and got 50 quid ones from M&S.

Mix and match and wear what you want, not what you think people should allow you to wear. Bought some nice Duffer and Conran gear from Debenhams.....Be smart and proud my man....

Michael Bolton

Jan 7, 2009
You eunuchs do realise the man's in his 50's, right?

I'd probably spontaneously combust were I to see a fella of his years kitted out in Sergio Tacchini or FILA.

Get yourself some white oxfords and a few all-purpose suits. Build on that with some v-neck knits and flattering, dark jeans. In the winter months, get an overcoat. Style your barnet with pride, and be well groomed. I certainly wouldn't advise Sonneti unless you're a balding builder with a slightly red face who adorns his front window with a St. George's cross.

Jan 30, 2008
Im 37 and if it looks good buy/wear it.

I got 500 & 600 quid coats and got 50 quid ones from M&S.

Mix and match and wear what you want, not what you think people should allow you to wear. Bought some nice Duffer and Conran gear from Debenhams.....Be smart and proud my man....
were these coat purchaces pre credit crunch :down:

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Tennis gear aint for me so i passed on the Tacchini and Fila. But I am not ready for the whole Cricket fan look yet!!!!.
The barnet is a well maintained No2 crop,mostly because if you have not got it,flaunt it is my motto.
as for the St george bit.If I was that sort of plum it would be Duffer not Sonneti.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
tramps.jpg

Just wear what the kids are wearing at withdean they know fook awl bowt fash :thumbsup:

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Have you done the Levis to Wrangler jeans transition yet?

It seems as men get older, they have to discard the rebelliousness of Levis and go for the more sedate Wrangler product :thumbsup:

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Have you done the Levis to Wrangler jeans transition yet?

It seems as men get older, they have to discard the rebelliousness of Levis and go for the more sedate Wrangler product :thumbsup:

actually i went the other way,I had a mate who managed a jeans store in western road in the 70's.He assured me Wrangler fitted better and he was right, got a pair of Levis on now though

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If i had all my own legs except a couple ide be shite at hopscotch,wear what ya like,you dont have to turn into des o connor once ya 50

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here