Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LA Noire

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Oww :tantrum:

Who did you pre order from? Amazon despatched mine today and I was happy knowing it would be waiting for me when I got home from work tomorrow....until I read this. Now I want to play it tonight! :angry:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
never heard of it, DUKE NUKEM: FORVEVER is the only game worth considering this year :thumbsup:

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I will admit to being curious about the game, though it is not on my 'to buy' list at the moment. Any ad hoc reviews would be appreciated :thumbsup:

EDIT:
never heard of it, DUKE NUKEM: FORVEVER is the only game worth considering this year

Surely you jest?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
From the advert I assume it's just GTA but set in the past?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I will admit to being curious about the game, though it is not on my 'to buy' list at the moment. Any ad hoc reviews would be appreciated :thumbsup:

EDIT:

Surely you jest?

of course, will still be good though (if it does actually get released!)

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
From the advert I assume it's just GTA but set in the past?

Spot on. I've played about 8 hours, on disc 2 - yes it's good, but not brilliant, and nowhere near as groundbreaking as people are saying.

The interrogation bits are not actually that 'fun', impressive as they are, and the detecting bits are just bumbling around houses hitting x a lot.

Plus every chase section ends in the same 'hostage' bit which was in the robocop game 20 years ago.

Plus it's the most linear & easy game - you can complete every case by utterly failing every interrogation.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It isnt that good, like a watered down gta, best game released recently has to be the witcher 2

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
2 games worth buying this year;
looking forward to Gear of War 3 and MW3 is gonna be a class game cant wait.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Better than 7, 8-8.5 I thought. Finished it a couple of days ago, had me hooked for the last few hours.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I also feel it's too easy. Like you said you can f*** up on the interrogation and still complete case. Also the bit where you're searching for the serial killer all the clues/poems he leaves are worked out by the computer after a couple of minutes, you don't have to do it your self. A bit stupid really!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Didn't think RDR was that amazing really, much the same as this for me - solid 8, but nothing more.

I found the LA Noire graphics a bit so so to be honest - pretty glitchy on 360 with texture bits and bobs loading in all over the place, and more than once a cut scene has missing a critical part, i.e. an entire character! . I understand the ps3 version is a bit more stable though.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
7.5/10

Great graphics, a load of good elements that will be used to better effect in future games.

Massive holes in the storyline. Terrible ending.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here