Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] LA (Littlehampton Town) Yoof

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
They are all harmless kids. Most of them play for the LTFC Youth teams so are also interested in that way.

Last week Vs Brockenhurst ( and Saltdean before that) it wasn't the "yoof" that were a problem, some other idiots caused some issue, hence the all-ticket Vs North Shields.

I suppose better that than causing aggro in town.

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

It's a fashionable thing Eastbourne Town :dunky:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220219_224456.jpg
    Screenshot_20220219_224456.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 230

Jan 30, 2008
They are all harmless kids. Most of them play for the LTFC Youth teams so are also interested in that way.

Last week Vs Brockenhurst ( and Saltdean before that) it wasn't the "yoof" that were a problem, some other idiots caused some issue, hence the all-ticket Vs North Shields.

I suppose better that than causing aggro in town.

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

Or the Rifle club in Fratton

Regards
DF

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wow. Where to start..... I fell I am in a pretty exclusive position to provide insight to this. I've lived in Littlehampton all my life and, whilst it has its flaws, it's a proudly working class town surrounded by a lot of much more affluent areas (and Bognor). Having been born and bred here, and brought up my own family in the town, I can honestly say that I wouldn't change it for the world. it's a bit rough around the edges, but where isn't these days?

Littlehampton has always 'provided' plenty of ground-troops for the Albion's more 'edgy' support (anything west of The Arun was always Pompey). I particularly remember the 0-5 game at Selhurst, when the 8:17 was standing room only by the time it reached Worthing - largely because half of Littlehampton were 'representing'. When Littlehampton Town reached the Vase semi final in 1991, we got drawn away at Gresley Rovers in Leicestershire - it was absolute carnage. Up to 2,000 travelled up and caused havoc all day long; one guy ran on the pitch when we scored a consolation goal and headbutted the opposition centre half - he got sent down for that.

The Littlehampton 'Yoof' are a very recent phenomenum, having sprung up on the back of The Marigolds recent FA Vase run - they made a big day out of the game in Newham, East London and have carried on supporting their local County league team ever since. Lots of flares, chants and a drum etc. I get the feeling that the cliub don't really know what to make of them, they are used to a very sedate average crowd of around 120. Unfortunately, some of them got a bit carried away during the Vase quarter Final last week, along with some older lads who should have known better, and a few things were thrown (including punches aimed at the visiting Brockenhurst team). This has led to an enforced and segregated/ reduced capacity for the Vase semi final against North Shields in a few weeks time. So instead of a crowd of well over 2,000 we are looking at a maximum gate of 1,500.

By and large, they are just kids (17-18) mucking about - pushing things to the limit, as you do at that age. But, to bring it back to the point, when I was that age I stopped following Littlehampton and bought my first Albion season ticket. It's just not a realistic prospect for these lads nowadays. It's unaffordable, loads of hassle and so overpoliced that it's just not much fun. Littlehampton look likely to get promoted to the Isthmian League next season, so it's probable that this trend will continue.

I have to admit that I have missed more Albion games than ever this season; watching Littlehampton is so much more enjoyable. And that feels ridiculous to even type. I've been to close on 1,500 Albion games in all four divisions and I realise I am priviliged to be watching them in the Premier League - I never thought I'd see the day. But it kinds of feels like we've reached a ceiling. How much enjoyment can you get out of finishing 12-17th every season? Ungrateful right?

My lad is 15, and is showing far more interest in Littlehampton Town this season than The Albion. Whilst it's not going to make a jot of difference to Brighton's overall turnover, it's broadly indicative of the fact that some people will ultimately 'vote with their feet', depending on what they want to get out of their Saturdays. You've only got to look at the increase in local non-league gates to understand that. Worthing are pulling in huge gates for the level they play at, the Ultras gang there are growing in numbers by the month. I guess it's ultimately a refelction of modern day football and the target 'customer' being very far removed from the working class fanbase of old.

Does this mean we have you RASCALS at Hawks next year ? *

*Actually, you are most welcome. Always good to have another Sussex club in. I think PPF will be getting the tissues out at the prospect of LA v Chi

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
used to holiday down there in the 80s
caravan site,Preston I think
great little town all the pubs close together
and a lovely sandy beach
done some fishing down there too
always remember a ****ing great conger eel in the sealife centre
really good memories and for those reasons I've always kept an eye on their results
unfortunately going down this season

Yes, not doing well unfortunately.
I know Preston very well, my Gran grew up and lived there for many years. Her parents owned a pub there during WW2. I lived on Portland until I was about 7, my Dad stationed there with the Navy. My gran later moved to Overcombe.
We went back to spend most summer holidays there. I love Weymouth harbour area.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Yes, not doing well unfortunately.
I know Preston very well, my Gran grew up and lived there for many years. Her parents owned a pub there during WW2. I lived on Portland until I was about 7, my Dad stationed there with the Navy. My gran later moved to Overcombe.
We went back to spend most summer holidays there. I love Weymouth harbour area.

lucky you
i liked the area so much,I even considered moving down there
but somehow I ended up in France :lolol:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I do think the pricing of premier league, even championship football is going to turn a lot of teenagers away- basically as soon as you're old enough for your parents to pay for you any more/want to go with your mates rather than your dad it instantly becomes unattractive

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Was this their whip? ???

20220220_091345.jpg

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I wonder how much of it is due to folk getting fed up of the travel situation too. This season has been ridiculous in terms of the amount of games thay have been a complete ballache to get to for a sizeable percentage of the crowd because of public transport issues. I'm going to fewer games nowadays partly because I cba with the hassle getting to and from the ground quite often. Much easier and cheaper to pop along and watch non league with a beer in your hand

COVID restrictions certainly didn’t help

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Anyone else see the Littlehampton Town ultras at Brighton Station? A tremendous “look at me” performance from a few young lads from LA and their drum and flag, complete with posing from an empty train and smoking on the platform. But then we were all stupid at that age too, right?

But it made me think about when I was in the North Stand in the 80s and 90s and we always had a big group in there from Littlehampton. Are today’s youth starting to reject corporate, modern football to watch local non league? And, if so, can Brighton continue to attract a sustainable number of fans from older, wealthier fans from the City of Brighton and Hove?

We always used to be the county team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is littlehampton that rough ? I didn’t think it was - very working class but not rough .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not trawling through this thread on the basis of who has appeared on the first page, but has 'the incident' in WSU been covered. It was in the second half starting, I think, just after they got their third. Loads of people from the south end of WSU were standing and staring at something that had occurred either in the middle or towards the north end. No idea what happened, if anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here