Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuqi

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Biscuit said:
We can't sign players like that because McGhee and Knight have offered one year contracts to the likes of Darren Currie!

Could that also read, ''We can't sign players like that SO McGhee and Knight have offered one year contracts to the likes of Darren Currie!''?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Could that also read, ''We can't sign players like that SO McGhee and Knight have offered one year contracts to the likes of Darren Currie!''?

fair point.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only people who actually know the wages of the top earners are the players and families and club employees who will not divulge details obviously.

The rumours are, and I personally do not think that they can be accurate , new contract for Cullip and Knight £6k, Butters is on £4k performance related. As I have said and do not hold me responsible for any inaccuracies these are only rumoured wages.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BensGrandad said:
The only people who actually know the wages of the top earners are the players and families and club employees who will not divulge details obviously.

The rumours are, and I personally do not think that they can be accurate , new contract for Cullip and Knight £6k, Butters is on £4k performance related. As I have said and do not hold me responsible for any inaccuracies these are only rumoured wages.

I doubt that we are throwing that much about. Butters was seemingly on around 4.5k a week, however that will be less now as he is older and was unlikely to get a contract anywhere else at this level.

Knight will be on a lot less that 6k a week. His next contract will probably move him into the higher earner bracket, but as he is young and was relatively unproven when we signed him, we would not have offered that much.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said that these are only rumoured wages.

I know one player at the club was on £1200 at the time of the 83 Cup final.

It is really not a question of what the players are earning at the moment but to prove that £5000 per week for Kuqi would not be beyond the realms of possibility as most people seem to say if MM considered him to be worth that amount.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Lest we also forget that the last time we were in this division we lost 900,000 quid (admittedly some of that was the enquiry). We took that gamble because we knew we had Zamora to sell to help pay for it; this time we don't.

We won't be taking a gamble on somebody like Kuqi, because one of the main reasons he is leaving Ipswich was due to cash.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
wilderabeast said:
couldn't afford his wages. wake up and smell the coffee

He wont be on that much, we could afford him we should be able to afford him.
we need to get this sort of player if we have any sort of dreams of staying up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here