Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuqi

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
i thought the same thing when i heard of his release. would def do a job, is big and strong and can score goals. he's too good to be without a club.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
is that the same guy who was at ipswich ..joe royle singing his praises last season

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not a bad player, but having been at Sheff Wed and Ipswich he'll be too expensive in the wages department for us.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
80's Seagull said:
Not a bad player, but having been at Sheff Wed and Ipswich he'll be too expensive in the wages department for us.

Yep, that's what I was thinking.

Why are Ipswich letting him go?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think hes worth odffering something too.
Good and experienced.
Well worth a seasons contract if something could be agreed

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i rate this guy! he scored a lot for wednesday in their plight for survival in the first!Then they had to sell him for finances and kuqi did well there too! definatly be good for us, im confident of that!Come on MM :clap2:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ipswich striker Shefki Kuqi has rejected an offer from German outfit Scwinehund Englander in an apparent U-turn from earlier indications.

Town agreed to allow the Finland international to leave on a free transfer after Kuqi stated that he wished to try out the Bundesliga club for a few days.

However, Town manager Joe Royle said that the initial offer was rejected by the former Stockport and Sheffield Wednesday forward.

"We received an approach from Scwinehund Englander about Shefki and we gave clearance for him to go and spend a few days in Germany and see how he gets on.

"He has decided to stay here, as the staff canteen only served sausages, and they had no combine harvesters to play with in training, but it seems that if Scwinehund firm up their interest Shefki will talk to them about a permanent move."

Kuqi, who signed in November 2003 on a free, scored in Ipswich's 2-1 win over Sporting Lesbian on Monday, but Royle has expressed his desire to retain the services of another forward to replace the Finn.

"We need somebody who is better at keeping the ball up front.

"There's always a possibility that we could have someone new for Saturday, but on the other hand we could have to wait a bit. There are a number of players in whom I am interested, but there has always been one uppermost in my mind." Royle would not confirm if this was former England Under-21 striker Paul Kitson, currently occupying the physio table at Rushden and Diamonds after straining his finger in a bogey flicking competition.

In July, Kuqi refused a move to Korean outfit Smegma Cheese.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
El Presidente said:
Ipswich striker Shefki Kuqi has rejected an offer from German outfit Scwinehund Englander in an apparent U-turn from earlier indications.

Town agreed to allow the Finland international to leave on a free transfer after Kuqi stated that he wished to try out the Bundesliga club for a few days.

However, Town manager Joe Royle said that the initial offer was rejected by the former Stockport and Sheffield Wednesday forward.

"We received an approach from Scwinehund Englander about Shefki and we gave clearance for him to go and spend a few days in Germany and see how he gets on.

"He has decided to stay here, as the staff canteen only served sausages, and they had no combine harvesters to play with in training, but it seems that if Scwinehund firm up their interest Shefki will talk to them about a permanent move."

Kuqi, who signed in November 2003 on a free, scored in Ipswich's 2-1 win over Sporting Lesbian on Monday, but Royle has expressed his desire to retain the services of another forward to replace the Finn.

"We need somebody who is better at keeping the ball up front.

"There's always a possibility that we could have someone new for Saturday, but on the other hand we could have to wait a bit. There are a number of players in whom I am interested, but there has always been one uppermost in my mind." Royle would not confirm if this was former England Under-21 striker Paul Kitson, currently occupying the physio table at Rushden and Diamonds after straining his finger in a bogey flicking competition.

In July, Kuqi refused a move to Korean outfit Smegma Cheese.

Good one EL P! :lolol: :lolol:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I heard he,s on £5000 a week, as some other 1st div club tried to sign him but couldnt afford his wages.

we should be able to afford that!

top player,

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We can't sign players like that because McGhee and Knight have offered one year contracts to the likes of Darren Currie!

Knight and Molango will do a job on their own. It'd be nice to sign him but it isn't going to happen.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here