Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kumble DESTROYS Aussies

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Leg-spinner Anil Kumble ran through Australia's middle and lower order in Madras as India stole the initiative on day one of the second Test.

The visitors lost their last eight wickets for 46 runs to be dismissed for 235, with Kumble returning 7-48.

But it was Harbhajan Singh who sparked the home revival with the wickets of Justin Langer (71) and Matthew Hayden (58) in one over after lunch.

Their 136-run stand beat a 40-year mark for Australia's first wicket in India.

:clap2:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
WOW - that's fantastic - the last I heard it was 110-0.

Langer and Hayden were cruising and I made no effort to follow it during the morning.

It would be great if the Aussies insufferable confidence/arrogance could be pricked a bit, before the come to England in the summer!

:clap2:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Tremendous stuff - I reckon that since that middle order doesn' have a Waugh in it, it is far more vulnerable. This just would not have happened with Steve Waugh in there. However, they are still the best in the world by a distance I reckon. They could still come back.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
At the close of play India are 28/1 in reply. Warne has equalled the world record by taking the wicket of Singh for 8.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah, but if spinners are taking 9 wickets on an opening day, what's Fat Boy going to do once he gets going?

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Leg-spinner Anil Kumble ran through Australia's middle and lower order in Madras as India stole the initiative on day one of the second Test.
I'm sure there's a curry joke in there somewhere!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here