Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Nice one Magoo. :angry: :angry: :angry:

It's on our official site aswell at the bottom of the Henderson call up bit.

Last edited:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Boston United loanee Conrad Logan has been recalled by Leicester City boss Rob Kelly due to an injury to the Foxes’ first team stopper Rab Douglas.

Logan will return to the Walkers Stadium with immediate effect, but he told bufc.co.uk that he would like to thank the manager, coaching staff, players and most importantly the supporters at Boston United for all the help and support that he has received during his loan period.

United boss Steve Evans has acted swiftly to avert a goalkeeping crisis and previous on-loan keeper and fans’ favourite Michel Kuipers will return to the club on loan. Club secretary John Blackwell will tie up the formalities for Kuipers to rejoin the Pilgrims and he is expected to take his place in starting line-up against league leaders Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday.

During Kuipers’ previous loan spell at York Street, he became a favourite with the Pilgrims’ fans, following a number of outstanding performances, of which one indeed came against Wycombe at Causeway Stadium earlier in season.

Reflecting on the goalkeeping situation, Evans said: “Obviously we are extremely disappointed to lose Conrad, but I look forward to seeing his career progress. We played our part in giving him his Football League debut and some subsequent experience, but he repaid us with a number of outstanding performances.

“Michel Kuipers needs no introduction from me to our supporters and I am delighted that he is back with us. I have kept in touch with Michel since he went back to Brighton and Hove Albion and I believe that has played a part in Michel’s decision to rejoin us.

“I would also like to take this opportunity to acknowledge and thank Mark McGhee for dealing with this situation extremely late on Wednesday evening.”

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Sounds like he's a fans favourite there as well, the guy can do no wrong with anyone apart from MM! Anyone know if there are any recall options on the loan if hendo were to get injured?

I back Magoo, but not blindly. I really can't see how this is good for our survival hopes. Kuipers is a legend and we need his presence in the squad even if he is not playing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I assume he is on instant recall, so him playing 1st team football instead of fuming in the background has got to be good no?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Lokki 7 said:
I back Magoo, but not blindly. I really can't see how this is good for our survival hopes. Kuipers is a legend and we need his presence in the squad even if he is not playing.

MM may see him as a disruptive influence on the squad now that he isnt happy. I will never forget his warm up behind the goal during the play off final, the noise from that end must have doubled! The bloke is an albion legend :bowdown:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Lokki 7 said:

We need people undermining the coaching and team selection to stay up?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ridiculous decision. Magoo needs to swallow his pride and make up with Kuipers. We should be increasing the quality in our squad right now, not depleting it. I honestly cannot believe the shit that is going on at our club at the moment. He has to go...

:angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
kuipers has been on his way out for a long time MMsaid years before that our budget dosn't run to two senior goalkeepers,he was lined up for joining hull before his car crash and it is only for that reason he is still with us.

i rate kuipers,but henderson is the future.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Jimmy Saville said:
Ridiculous decision. Magoo needs to swallow his pride and make up with Kuipers. We should be increasing the quality in our squad right now, not depleting it. I honestly cannot believe the shit that is going on at our club at the moment. He has to go...

:angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored:

Your opinion is ridiculous actually. Perhaps Kuipers needs to make up with Mcghee or he'll be playing for Boston come next season?

How are we depleting it? If Hendo gets injured we just call Michel back and it means he'll stay match fit as he's getting first team football!

Are most people too dim to see this?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
northstandnorth said:
kuipers has been on his way out for a long time MMsaid years before that our budget dosn't run to two senior goalkeepers,he was lined up for joining hull before his car crash and it is only for that reason he is still with us.

i rate kuipers,but henderson is the future.

Apparently he is the highest paid player at the club now, not sure how true this is....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here