Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kuipers

Everyone was screaming for Blayney to come back in the Summer and saying Hendo was crap, woss changed since then? Wayne's good but nothing amazing, was Blayney really THAT bad in that one game he played this season to change everyone's opinion of him?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Who was saying the other week, that with the type of injury Kuipers suffered, you have to take it easy for the 1st 12 months afterwards in case you get a recurrance which would end his career?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Basically we need Kuipers and one of Henderson / Blayney. I think Chaigneau was a panic buy.

One of the few things we have going for us is excellent team spirit. If you kick out all of the elder statesmen in one go you are in danger of losing this - we've seen Cullip and Virgo leave, Mayo and Oatway look nothing like 1st XI quality anymore so it's crucial we get Kuipers and Hinsh back to keep some of that Albion battling quality.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Kuipers is apparently a law unto himself and when he decides he is fit enough to play (docs have given him ok) I bet he will go out on loan and then eventually move on. Danny Cullip was a top player but Mark Magee was more than happy to move him on.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think Hendo has improved immensely since his first couple of games and he seems the better option over and above both
Blaney and fdm

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
H block said:
Kuipers is apparently a law unto himself and when he decides he is fit enough to play (docs have given him ok) I bet he will go out on loan and then eventually move on. Danny Cullip was a top player but Mark Magee was more than happy to move him on.

How do you know that the docs have given him the OK? i think as soon as he is allowed he will be straight into the reserves and then on the bench for a bit before taking his place in the team.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I heard Villa are prepared to release Henderson so we may well get him in the fullness of time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would go for Henderson and Blaney and say Au Revior to the Frenchie and look to send FDM out on loan until he is proved to be 100% fit and back to his best.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
I would go for Henderson and Blaney and say Au Revior to the Frenchie and look to send FDM out on loan until he is proved to be 100% fit and back to his best.

Good grief. We agree about something twice in one day.
Can Nsc cope with this? :D

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Kuipers situation worries me.

He was out on the pitch warming up before I think the Cov game (could have been Plymouth actuallY) yet I saw him Saturday in his suit - has his injury 'gone backwards' or perhaps with Blayney around Keelo just didn't want him out there warming up (Those Portacabins arn't very big after all)

Perhaps we should 'ask the club' how far away from Reserve Team games he really is.

FDM - Great keeper and TOP BLOKE as well.

Silent Bob said:
Yes, and he does his job well, which is what you look for surely.

Slow off his line? How about when he came off his line and made a goal saving stop (in a one on one and everything :rolleyes: ) at Coventry on his debut?

That superb save that Blayney made at Coventry was about the finest example of an Albion keeper coming off his line to make a contested one-on-one save in the last couple of seasons.

It's a bit pathetic the Henderson groupies have to make up non-existent faults about Blayney simply to boost up their guy. Can't they be mature enough to accept we have a luxury of riches on the goalkeeping front and that either Henderson or Blayney would both be excellent signings :rolleyes:

king Wombat said:
Last season everyone was raving about blayney - what has changed this year?

Nothing - a few people's whims.

Many have been impressed by Henderson's distribution so obviously that means a few people think they now have to rubbish Blayney :shootself

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bit concerned that Kuipers has been pratting about on Rogue Traders instead of concentrating on getting fit. Theres no way he should be riding a motorbike, for starters.

E

enigma

London Irish said:

Many have been impressed by Henderson's distribution so obviously that means a few people think they now have to rubbish Blayney :shootself

People change with the wind on here it's unbelievable.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

Not whims, observations that you choose to overlook to further your views.

The particular example of Blaney being slow off his line was the West Ham home game. If Blaney had come quickly out of his 6 yard box, the second goal would have been avoidable. However he stayed on his line, the striker got the ball, then Blaney left his line and the guy scored.

Against Ipswich there was another moment where he stayed on his line, but Kuqi was too slow to what was going on and so the danger was cleared.

Henderson has come on a lot since he has settled, his quick distribution suits our game of pacey wingers and quick by small strikers. Against Coventry there were too many occasions where Blaney lumped the ball through the middle expecting one of last seasons alledged target men, but in fact Knight and Robinson were there and there was nothing they could do with a ball flying over their heads. Now I suspect if he starts playing this will settle down as he gets used to our style, but personally I think Henderson is the better option, even at 21 he looks a far more complete keeper than Blaney.

If Blaney is so great, why is he number 3 at Southampton, Paul Smith has hardly set the world alight in his career and yet he keeps Blaney from the first team squad.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Easy 10 said:
Bit concerned that Kuipers has been pratting about on Rogue Traders instead of concentrating on getting fit. Theres no way he should be riding a motorbike, for starters.

Good spot. I'm concerned about his TV appearances as well. It's well and good him riding a motorbike up and down the country with that bloke who used to be on Watchdog, i'm sure it helps boost the clubs profile. One of these days though, he's going to get a hiding off a flytipper or a dodgy electrician. How long could he be out for then?

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
I rate both of them but did nobody else see henderson come off his line a bit too quickly a couple of times against norwich and nearly get caught out with an open goal? I'd go for Blaney but would be happy with either. I still think FDM on top form is the best of the three though but with his injury problems we need a very good backup keeper.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Kuipers situation worries me.

He was out on the pitch warming up before I think the Cov game (could have been Plymouth actuallY) yet I saw him Saturday in his suit - has his injury 'gone backwards' or perhaps with Blayney around Keelo just didn't want him out there warming up (Those Portacabins arn't very big after all)

Kuipers was out there coaching because Keeley was off for some reason. I can't remember exactly what but it may have been a hernia op or something similar?
Anyway Kuipers wasn't warming up himself but helping out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here