Votes: 103 77.4%
  • Henderson

Votes: 30 22.6%

• Total voters

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Hendo's a poor player now then :nono: Just incredible this mindset among some Brighton fans that makes them want to stick the boot into their own highly talented younger players. Don't think I'll ever get my head round it.

I guess Lynch has better start picking up his game. Maybe he's just a few games off stuff like this too.

Not sure anyone said he is a poor player.

What people are saying is that maybe at present he is not the best keeper or in better form that Kuipers.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
An argument involving LI, Uncle Buck and Dave and its actually boring me. I didn't think it was possible gents but somehow you have managed it.

Uncle Buck said:
But dropping Kuipers having played another good game could be bad for his confidence.

That's possibly true, but as his agent is already talking to other clubs, that's probably a risk we should be prepared to take.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
oi...i only put my oar in...

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Yoda

English & European
London Irish said:
Hendo's a poor player now then :nono: Just incredible this mindset among some Brighton fans that makes them want to stick the boot into their own highly talented younger players. Don't think I'll ever get my head round it.

I guess Lynch has better start picking up his game. Maybe he's just a few games off stuff like this too.

No he's not, but I don't feel he's played with the same confidence & consistancy he did when he was here on loan at the start of last season.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
That's possibly true, but as his agent is already talking to other clubs, that's probably a risk we should be prepared to take.

But then he is out of contract in the summer and so allowed to sign a pre-contract in January, so maybe his agent is doing his job and protecting his clients interests by seeing what options are available for Kuipers.

Man of Harveys said:
LI, if McGhee did choose to play Kuipers at Millwall, would you then actually say that you thought the Great Manager had made a mistake?

Really dull stuff MoH, I've disagreed with McGhee's selections on many occasions. Do you want me to put McGhee Out on the end of them so they get noticed?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
London Irish said:
Not all the time you see "nothing wrong" with performances like the clownish antics that Henderson offered us against Crewe you won't.

Who benefits by being picked even when they've been crap? By knowing that they have no competition for places because the manager just favours them anyway? That's not helping Henderson to improve in any way.

Uncle Buck said:
But then he is out of contract in the summer and so allowed to sign a pre-contract in January, so maybe his agent is doing his job and protecting his clients interests by seeing what options are available for Kuipers.

As I said, I have not a problem with Kuipers preparing to move - it is not sustainable us keeping two keepers who both should be getting first team action. What I don't want is a situation where Hendo's agent starts doing what Kuipers' one is doing. Keep up with the velvet bag fickle selection policy of pissing them both off with frequent axings, then that's what you'll get.

I'm realistic that we are going to end up pissing one of them off, that's football, you can't play two keepers in your 11. Your policy I feel would end up with us pissing them both off and losing every way.

Last edited:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
London Irish said:
Again, your criteria that goalkeepers should be replaced after one supposedly poor game is flawed. It's that kind of fickle selection policy approach that will destroy confidence.

Who says it won't encourage improvement?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
London Irish said:
Really dull stuff MoH, I've disagreed with McGhee's selections on many occasions. Do you want me to put McGhee Out on the end of them so they get noticed?
So you're burbling on and choosing not to answer a fairly simple question, which, of course, is your prerogative, just as its other people's to judge the worth of your opinions after reading shifty politician-type comments like that.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
As I said, I have not a problem with Kuipers preparing to move - it is not sustainable us keeping two keepers who both should be getting first team action. What I don't want is a situation where Hendo's agent starts doing what Kuipers' one is doing. Keep up with the velvet bag fickle selection policy of pissing them both off with frequent axings, then that's what you'll get.

I'm realistic that we are going to end up pissing one o them off, that's football, you can't play two keepers. Your policy I feel would end up with us pissing them both off.

What policy is this?

I am arguing that if your are in possession of the shirt and have played well you should not be dropped.

Henderson is not in possession of the shirt and his last game against Crewe was not one of his best.

Yoda

English & European
_wilka_ said:
Who says it won't encourage improvement?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

"Oh shit! I've been droped. I better buck my ideas up and work harder to get back in the team."

Bit like Kuipers has done in the past (last season excluded).

Man of Harveys said:
Not all the time you see "nothing wrong" with performances like the clownish antics that Henderson offered us against Crewe you won't.

Who benefits by being picked even when they've been crap? By knowing that they have no competition for places because the manager just favours them anyway? That's not helping Henderson to improve in any way.

Exaggerating Hendo's faults in the peurile way you are doing doesn't help Hendo or anyone or anything else at the club. He was at fault for the first Crewe goal, and admitted so, but so were the defenders who allowed the Crewe forward to get there first. Minutes earlier, Hendo had kept the score 0-0 with a brilliant one-one-one save against a Crewe forward, the kind of stuff that he did to help out his defence but which the defence did not repay to him. In that game, Hendo went on to make saves that you will not see bettered by any Albion keeper this season.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
What policy is this?

That very fickle one of dropping our No1 for the slightest mistake.

Yoda

English & European
London Irish said:
Exaggerating Hendo's faults in the peurile way you are doing doesn't help Hendo or anyone or anything else at the club. He was at fault for the first Crewe goal, and admitted so, but so were the defenders who allowed the Crewe forward to get their first.

Quick question's on the defence.

How many defenders like to face their own goal?

How many attackers run in as the ball is hit in case of a rebound?

Should the defence turn their back on the free kick being taken and charge into the six yard area as well?

Yes, perhaps someone should have been on that post. Reid was meant to be that person but didn't get the message from the bench in time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here