Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers to accept albion role

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good news. Really pleased for him. FDM loves it here, he's a lovely bloke and will be a credit to the club, whatever it is they've got lined up for him.

FDM

:bowdown:

Feb 14, 2010
Id rather a testimonial for the Gulls eye lads who did it all for nothing and the money going to the REMF instead of any players pocket that we should remember got paid a wage.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
The dreamteam good luck FDM its be emotional

Attachments

• d13_04_2002-48.jpg
    d13_04_2002-48.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 224

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Albion in the Community role awaits. Would be interested to know if he thinks he has a few more years of pro football ahead of him and at what level.

Feb 14, 2010
Albion in the Community role awaits. Would be interested to know if he thinks he has a few more years of pro football ahead of him and at what level.

Would be a great signing for the greater albion empire clubs of Eastbourne or Crawley whilst working for the albion.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I'm a big fan of the Former Dutch Marine (Chef) but not testimonials. FDM got paid his wage, and it was a decent wage. Asking people from Newhaven, 'scombe, Whitehawk, Portslade, Peacehaven, Crawley, Bognor, Worthing and Hastings ect to give him a pay out when they earn less than him and in some cases are not earning at all is frankly out of order. I'm fine but I won't go to a footballers testimonial as my employer wouldn't give me a testimonial.

You :tosser:

You've completely missed the point. Testimonials are granted after ten consecutive years at one club. Almost unheard of these days. Kuipers epitomises everything about the model proffesional. His attitude has been first class and i for one will not begrudge him a testimonial. He like others have campaigned fiercely for Falmer and delaying his testimonial till Falmer would be a fitting tribute to a fantastic servant. He deserves a run out at our new home and im chuffed for him.

Given the recents events of Calderon and his disloyalty you should know that the likes of Kuipers are a dying breed.

Now get off your high horse you miserable bastard

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Great news i wonder if his testimonial will be the first game at Falmer??? Hope they're getting someone special lined up as the opponents

...how about a Dutch team...Ajax, Feyenoord or maybe FC Twente?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
This, is just such NICE news. its not fantasticly epic for our promotion, its not goign to benifit us as a club. and so it shouldn't. THis news is just such a heart warming bit of news and shows that Kuipers is infact one of the greatest ever albion players, if for nothing other than his sheer dedication to our club, during our recovery, and the fact the club see that he was promised Falmer within 3 yeras and yet he stayed even though it never happened during our playing career is just brilliant to see. First game at falmer should be his testimonial, he embodies everything right about the club and the spirit and dedication that is instilled by wearing the strips.

Indeed - shows the club hasn't lost all it's principles, despite the hard-nosed approach ushered in by TB....

Feb 14, 2010
You :tosser:

You've completely missed the point. Testimonials are granted after ten consecutive years at one club. Almost unheard of these days. Kuipers epitomises everything about the model proffesional. His attitude has been first class and i for one will not begrudge him a testimonial. He like others have campaigned fiercely for Falmer and delaying his testimonial till Falmer would be a fitting tribute to a fantastic servant. He deserves a run out at our new home and im chuffed for him.

Given the recents events of Calderon and his disloyalty you should know that the likes of Kuipers are a dying breed.

Now get off your high horse you miserable bastard

Grow up with the insults. e got paid a wage, a f***ing good wage and asking some bloke from Whitehawk who never will see the money that Kuipers has got to dip into his pocket is immoral.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Grow up with the insults. e got paid a wage, a f***ing good wage and asking some bloke from Whitehawk who never will see the money that Kuipers has got to dip into his pocket is immoral.

I think you are missing the point too, a testimonial is as much about paying tribute to a player in his own right rather than clapping him off at the end of a league match against Hartlepool, a game where he is the centre of attention. Most players probably don't make a great deal from their testimonial, many donate the gate receipts to charity, what is to say that the likes of St Dunstans or a local hospice won't benefit from FDM. If you want to pay tribute to the legend that is FDM then go to the game...if you don't, keep your wallet in your pocket, stay at home and watch Eastenders.

Lush

Mods' Pet
If they're sensible, they'll give him a marketing role like they did with Paul Rogers. It must make a real difference in getting sponsorship and making people feel valued at events if Michel Kuipers is there to welcome you and phones you up.

Feb 14, 2010
I think you are missing the point too, a testimonial is as much about paying tribute to a player in his own right rather than clapping him off at the end of a league match against Hartlepool, a game where he is the centre of attention. Most players probably don't make a great deal from their testimonial, many donate the gate receipts to charity, what is to say that the likes of St Dunstans or a local hospice won't benefit from FDM. If you want to pay tribute to the legend that is FDM then go to the game...if you don't, keep your wallet in your pocket, stay at home and watch Eastenders.

OK then if its not about the cash then the proceeds can go to the REMF

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Players earn more money than I do, should I stop going to games?

No.

Feb 14, 2010
Players earn more money than I do, should I stop going to games?

No.

and? You go because you follow the albion and not its employees I assume but ultimately its up to you, tho some bunce o some footballer is not a charity that gets my support, even tho FDM is an Albion legend (and probably the only legend for about 20 years)

poidy

Aug 3, 2009

Sorry..i didnt realise you were from Whitehawk. However that certainly explains your outlook on the matter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here