Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers Time wasting

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is anyone getting slightly miffed with his constant rolling around and taking half an hour to take a goal kick or free kick.

There was a hell of a lot of NSC's finest stood around me getting very animated with him!!!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It is fine when we're hanging on to a lead.

Bloody annoying when we're not.

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
thbe coaching team must have spoke to him about it we need to get from defence to attack quicker

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
He is actually the master of the craft and it makes me smile and I don't recall him ever doing it when we have been behind. He has this ability to carry on doing stuff in slow motion whilst never stopping and not that many refs seem to spot this.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He has only been time wasting for the last 9 seasons to be honest. :wink:

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
He is actually the master of the craft and it makes me smile and I don't recall him ever doing it when we have been behind. He has this ability to carry on doing stuff in slow motion whilst never stopping and not that many refs seem to spot this.

Totally agree. He is a master at this, it doesn't get much said about it because he does it so well. Nobody really notices.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

you are joking aren't you. I have been caught by your fishing trip haven't I?

Kuipers takes as long for goal kicks whether we are behind or not and irrespective of whether it is the 1st or 90th minute. There have been numerous occassions over the last two years when we have been behind at home (ask any season ticket holder) and it is crying out for some urgency which seems to go over kuipers head.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
this is part of the reason why most fans of other teams in our division see the man as either a total clown or a massive prick

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
That's rubbish as well you know!

Massive prick - yes.
Total clown - no way.

most people i speak to at university who are fans of sides in our division and have played us in the last few seasons seem to think he is a bit of one. i point out that he was incredible back in 2004, but the argument just seems to fall on deaf ears

i think clowns a bit strong - he does make mistakes and if we are going to get out of this league and compete we will require somebody better, but for a side that is fighting relegation and with areas in which we are a far greater shambles he is adequate enough

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Once upon a time his kicking game was pants.

Now he seems to have sorted it out I'm sure rushing would see it going down the pan again.

Why not waste time its all about the results?

Shame though we haven't got the balls to see out games ugly with any regularity. I'd be happy to waste time every time if we were good enough and it meant the difference between success and failure.

But we're not.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
you are joking aren't you. I have been caught by your fishing trip haven't I?

Kuipers takes as long for goal kicks whether we are behind or not and irrespective of whether it is the 1st or 90th minute. There have been numerous occassions over the last two years when we have been behind at home (ask any season ticket holder) and it is crying out for some urgency which seems to go over kuipers head.

Do you have the statistics to support this. He is cautious in his distribution, although with the first touch of some of his defenders, one can understand any caution in rolling out a short pass or throwing it out to the fullback. I cannot recall a time when he has unnecessarily delayed distributing the ball. And there is a difference between quick distribution and time wasting. I was pointing out that he is a master of the ability to waste time whilst appearing to do something.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Kuipers has been doing it forever...It does get slightly irritating, but generally if the ball is in his hands its a good thing (as opposed to behind him in the back of the net) so I don't mind his (sometimes annoying) foibles...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Do they? A bit like Scott McGleish then. But he's quite good, isn't he.

yes his record would denote he is good. and i dont think anywhere in my post i questioned kuipers ability. i dont think any albion fans would question mcgleish's ability either. the obvious only problems with using him as an example is that:

a) we are the only fans who hate him
b) the reason for that is purely to do with the fact that he was directly a prick at the goldstone

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Do you have the statistics to support this. He is cautious in his distribution, although with the first touch of some of his defenders, one can understand any caution in rolling out a short pass or throwing it out to the fullback. I cannot recall a time when he has unnecessarily delayed distributing the ball. And there is a difference between quick distribution and time wasting. I was pointing out that he is a master of the ability to waste time whilst appearing to do something.

Sorry, I'm not going to get caught again on the same thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here