Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers spotted at Prezzo

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Adriodinho said:
Henderson = Technically 2nd rate Ireland keeper.

Kuipers = Around 10th choice dutch keepe at least.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Henderson second rate! :lol:
Kuipers 10th choice for Holland! :lol:
You couldn't make it up.

D

Deleted User X18H

I hope Michel makes a resouding comeback a gets a testimonial only another 4 years to go.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BensGrandad said:
Isnt the Boston manager on record as saying he wants FDM provided we dont want a fee.

Wages may be the biggest problem... I do hope so... :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Adriodinho said:
I think he will stay, unless Boston are prepared to put in a fee he will stay for one more season at least.

I still think Hendo will get the No. 1, but to be honest, Hendo is the better keeper.

Why?... his distribution is better... butt the FDM is a far better shot-stopper and commands his area far better... I know which attributes I think are more important... and they aren't the kicking and throwing!... :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
He's not saying that - during our tital wins, Kuipers WAS the bees knees.

Injury saw his form fade, and since then Roberts and Henderson have better him. But on his day, Kuipers was AWESOME:bowdown:

Disagree with your use of the past tense... FDM still awesome, but MM has fallen out with him, so he doesn't get a fair chance, IMHO...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gully said:
I think back to back championships when we only lost something like a dozen league games speaks volumes for how well Michel played, how many times did he keep a clean sheet, I would happily bet that no other keeper in our clubs' history had played so consistently well and leaked so few goals over that length of time.

Grummitt...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Withdean Wanderer said:
does it matter what difference league you are in if you are a goalkeeper - the shots are not going to be any harder to save.

To be fair - the higher up the Leagues the harder they hit the ball when shooting - I think it a confidence thing ............... which pains me to say is what Leon Knight could do.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Adriodinho said:
What league opposition was he agaisnt? Give a clue yet?

Does it matter who he was against. Surely shot stopping and catching etc regardless of the opposition is a matter of his form

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dick Knights Mum said:
To be fair - the higher up the Leagues the harder they hit the ball when shooting - I think it a confidence thing ............... which pains me to say is what Leon Knight could do.

Can find the corners better as well.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Eggmundo said:
Surely you're not allowed to take a dog in to Woolies ???

no, you're not - it escaped outside and ran in the shop - the tills are by the door:lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You want to try balancing your fat frame on one of those wobble-board balancing things during your gym induction while Mssrs Turienzo and Kuipers are doing some serious crunchies about a foot away, as I did.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
B.W. said:
Why?... his distribution is better... butt the FDM is a far better shot-stopper and commands his area far better... I know which attributes I think are more important... and they aren't the kicking and throwing!... :)

:clap2: :clap2:

FACT

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
You want to try balancing your fat frame on one of those wobble-board balancing things during your gym induction while Mssrs Turienzo and Kuipers are doing some serious crunchies about a foot away, as I did.

turienzo at the gym - along with kuipers, who must be pretty big himself

i think i would have trouble keeping the old boy under control, let alone balancing on a wobble-board

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Personally, I'd have FDM in goal over Hendo any day.

Both are good keepers, no doubt about that, but Kuipers has an almost Schmeichel-esque command of his area and certainly has the respect of the defenders in front of him, and I think that's vitally important in a young team such as we have.

Also, comparing them by international experience, as Adriodinho did, is total and utter bollocks. Why is this, you ask?

Simple.

Holland are one of the top football playing nations in the world, therefore they produce a lot more top level players in all positions, therefore it is harder for a player to break in to their international set up than I would imagine it is to get into Ireland's (not that I'm saying it's easy to get to play for Ireland, just easier).

Can you honestly say that, if Wayne Henderson possessed the exact same attributes he does, but was Dutch rather than Irish, he would have played even a minute of senior international football? Somehow, I doubt it.

To sum up, you can't compare the two on that condition because it's not a fair battle ground. Would you pick a 'keeper who played every single game in goal for San Marino over a German who was every bit as good but couldn't break into his national squad?

Of course you wouldn't, and the principle is the same here, but by your logic, you'd pick the San Marino 'keeper in that situation purely because he has more international experience.

The only true and fair means of comparison for these two players is to gauge their performances in a Brighton & Hove Albion shirt, and on that basis, I'd have FDM any day of the week.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gary Chivers played for Malta, Nicholas played for Cyprus U 21s this supports the argument about internationals from different countries.

How many of the Ireland team would even get into the England squad yet alone the team or come to that Holland squad.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
seem to recall john byrne saying michel was the clubs best keeper so why is he not playing?more than once last year
[i think he knows the game]
:glare:
this was when he was fit to play before you start

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here