Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers - Dislocated shoulder

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Falling on your shoulder is always really painful. If you have done it you will know. Not necessarily dislocated though.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We'll have to get a keeper in on loan. So that will put the kibosh on getting a target man in. I doubt we can afford both.:(

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Sod getting a keeper in, we should give May a chance first and for the experience we can put a youth teamer on the bench. If May does not work out then get someone in.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
John Keeley can warm the bench - let the lad May have a go. Since's May has been on the bench as cover for FDM most of the season, the management must think he's good enough.

Not another keeper though, not necessary IMO.

andima

Jan 9, 2005
sussex
speking from a professionals point of view being a qualified physio (well sports therapist) it depends on what other damage is done around the joint. if itis just a dislocation then can't seeing it being more than a couple of weeks but if ligament damage has occured then could be anything up to 6-8 weeks.
the thing is he is in great hands as the physio team at the club are all very good at what they do.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
samparish said:
A dislocated shoulder is the kind of injury that can quite often recur as well.

With Roberts out, I agree we need a keeper in on loan as I don't feel Chris May is ready for the first team yet.

Speaking from experience having dislocated my right shoulder 5 times, once after having an operation to tighten the tendons and my left shoulder also once all playing football that when you have dislocated your shoulder it will be permanently weakened as you have stretched the tendons and ligaments around the ball joint.

I have returned to play 3 weeks after a dislocation, but Kuipers being a goalkeeper I would imagine he will be out for at least 4-6 weeks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hopefully it won't be too bad. Maybe he'll be like Riggs in Lethal Weapon. His shoulder kept popping out from time to time, but with him being a Vietnam vet, he was well hard, and would just slam himself into a wall to pop it back in again.

With Kuipers being a FDM, if his shoulder pops out again during a match, he could take a few deep breaths before using a goalpost to bang it back into the socket. That'd be WELL cool, and would definately get him the Man of the Match every time.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Easy 10 said:
Hopefully it won't be too bad. Maybe he'll be like Riggs in Lethal Weapon. His shoulder kept popping out from time to time, but with him being a Vietnam vet, he was well hard, and would just slam himself into a wall to pop it back in again.

With Kuipers being a FDM, if his shoulder pops out again during a match, he could take a few deep breaths before using a goalpost to bang it back into the socket. That'd be WELL cool, and would definately get him the Man of the Match every time.

Already WELL cool IMHO - the way he tried to play on, even though he was obviously a borderline stretcher job. Although it did make me wonder what he knew about Chris May's goalkeeping talents...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lush said:
Already WELL cool IMHO - the way he tried to play on, even though he was obviously a borderline stretcher job. Although it did make me wonder what he knew about Chris May's goalkeeping talents...
I was horrified when it looked like he was carrying on. Malcolm had already given it the twirly hands above the head at the bench, so when Michel started shuffling about in the goalmouth and eyeing up that goal kick, I thought one of the Great Disasters Of Our Time was about to unfold.

Thankfully the FDM eventually saw sense, but jees. It was starting to look as though he'd have to be lassood round the ankles and dragged off the pitch by a police horse.

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
the worst bit about it from my point of view was that once Malcom had done the "we need a sub" gesture, Jonah started warming up May on the touchline. The second kick that jonah gave him went straight past him down the line.

Even Mark had his head in his hands contemplating uping his pint of whisky to a gallon...

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Thimble Keegan said:
Sod getting a keeper in, we should give May a chance first and for the experience we can put a youth teamer on the bench. If May does not work out then get someone in.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

No. We can't afford to take a chance with May. He's one for the future ( a bit small I thought for a goalie? ). What we need is someone with a bit of experience so we'll have to get a loan keeper in.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo said:
Good, can you ask her to pencil me in 2 weeks after Easter?

Sorry i have her then - she LOVES it up the arse.

If May is good enough then he is old enough - How old was Robinson when he made his debut for Leeds

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is the dislocated shoulder confirmed, or is it just an NSC diagnosis?

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
We have to give May a try...He has been on the bench all season and could have been called into action at any time. If the management did not think he was good enough then he would not have been there.

With us now hopefully further enough ahead of the bottom 2 places and an 8 point gap between us and Gillingam I think we can gamble with a few games.

If May comes in and does really well then we can maybe look towards releasing Roberts. Ben is a quality 'keeper but if May proves himself and the FDM returns then there will be no need for him which is a shame but he is spending too much time injured.

Funny how that we cannot afford to give Claridge another month's contract but we are now able to zoom out into the transfer market to get a 'keeper.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
We would need a keeper on the bench too, so a loan keeper would be needed anyhow, two inexperienced keepers would be too much to ask for at this stage of the season.

I'm in favour of an experienced loan keeper with May as back up.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Need a loan keeper...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here