Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers Contract

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Haven't seen this anywhere yet but according to the Insider, Michel's contract is not up for renewal at the end of the season. (Player contracts - North Stand Chat)

I'm 99% sure he only signed a one-year rolling contract at the beginning of the season, so good to see that the club has already sorted him out for next year. Could of done with letting us fans know but good business :clap2:

Also, I'm sure Fraser signed a two-year deal during the summer of 2006, so guessing that's been renewed aswell.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kuipers gets contract boost

From the archive, first published Sunday 17th Jun 2007.

Michel Kuipers has been handed the opportunity to stay with Albion for an extra year.

The long-serving Dutch goalkeeper's new one-year contract includes a further 12-month option, providing he makes enough appearances.

Chairman Dick Knight revealed: "The option with Michel is the sort of contract I have given to other players in the past. If he plays a certain number of games then he will be offered the option of signing for another year, which is what I did with Gary Hart and Kerry Mayo."

Knight has risked further controversy by sanctioning the appearance-related option clause for Kuipers, who will be 33 later this month and has so far been second choice under Dean Wilkins.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Kuipers gets contract boost
Knight has risked further controversy by sanctioning the appearance-related option clause for Kuipers, who will be 33 later this month and has so far been second choice under Dean Wilkins.

Maybe the club will now stop undermining the great man in pathetic fashion and give the Former Dutch Marine the Number 1 squad number back. In fact I think I'll Ask The Club to do just that ;)

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Maybe the club will now stop undermining the great man in pathetic fashion and give the Former Dutch Marine the Number 1 squad number back. In fact I think I'll Ask The Club to do just that ;)

why would they give the second choice keeper the squad number intended for the first choice?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
why would they give the second choice keeper the squad number intended for the first choice?

Ah yes, I keep forgetting that invisible bloke that no one knows of has the number 1 shirt. How silly of me to think that Kuipers was the first choice keeper. :nono:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Certainly kuipers performances this year have been more good than bad. To be honest I havent seen that many keepers better than him in this division (apart from one or two like Cheltenhams) and he has (thankfully) remained injujry free so he deserves another year.

We do need another keeper tho...whether as no2 or no1, thats another debate entirely!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Certainly kuipers performances this year have been more good than bad and he has (thankfully) remained injujry free so he deserves another year.

We do need another keeper tho...whether as no2 or no1, thats another debate entirely!

even if we didnt want to keep him, we would have had to

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Bloomin' hell. Kuipers has had a extremely good season this year. If Wendy finds a better goalkeeper than FDM who is actually willing to sign for us I will eat my hat.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
FDM has played every damn game this season. Anybody who thinks that doesn't make him First Choice Keeper is a retard. Including Wilkins.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
he did have a very good march but apart from that i dont think he has had a good season

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Whoever we sign in the close season. Despite his 4 good games in March he hasn't done enough to warrant the No. 1 shirt IMO.

He has had some good games, some average games and, IMO, two or three bad games. It depends what level you are expecting of him. Your comments and those of one or two others suggest that you demand more of him than others in the team.

To say he has only had 4 good games all season is a complete denial of the facts.

His performances overall this season have, for me, been fine for a third-tier keeper, but if we can sign, and afford, someone better, then OK. That should be the case with any member of the squad.

Unless you see another keeper play regularly, not just two or three games. how do you know they will be any better?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
FDM has done okay.

There are some very good keepers currently in L1, including;

Shane Higgs
Steve Phillips
Paul Smith
Casper Ankergren

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports