Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Krakow

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
moggy said:
here'e inside the bulls head with fatboy very drunk and having just pulled one of the locals :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

p10100482xc.jpg
Bollocks. That's you last week in the Sportsman FB:p

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
:lolol:

still trying to finish off the we-site.
having a bit of a problem with flash.

:angry:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I stayed in a hostel - it was bloody cheap and really comfy.

The market is, as all have pointed out, bloody brilliant.

If you feel cultural, there's a church there with a crown on its steeple which is well worth a butchers inside.

If you get to Osweciem (a rough approximation of its original name before the Nazis), do get there early. It's worth wandering and letting it all sink in. I was there in 96 and there were ex-prisoners taking the guided tours. Plus, the main camp is enormous and you don't want to leave wishing you had a bit more time. Takes about an hour to get there.

You'll have a superb time all round. Plus the Poles are TOP people.

:drink:

I agree that Wawel Castle and the salt mines are worth a vist (castle in the city but the mines are a few miles away). The mines especially are impressive.

But the most impressive (if that's the right word) place in the area is Auschwitz, both the original camp and especially Birkenau which is where the trains arrived and where the gas chambers are - it's absolutely MASSIVE!

Not the sort of place where you'll "enjoy" going but you'll remember it for ever. It's impossible to go there without being gobsmacked. It's about an hour away (maybe not that far, we got lost!) but definitely worth the trip. Everybody should go there once.

And Krakov is a beautiful city if a bit nippy this time of year!
Enjoy!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Karkow is fantastic.... market, Wawel and Salt Mines already mentioned.

There's hotel called Jordan which is basic but fantastic and very cheap... above a Travel Agents.

Avoid at all costs the resturant called 'Chlopski Jadlow' it looks great but it means' peasant's food' and it is!!! Tripe, gherkins and cheese...... very expensive for nowt but bloody strong alcolhol.

Find a bar in a basement... Poles always aim there. Lots of English speaking models in Krakow.

You'll have a great time... wish I was going with you!:drink:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Krakow - my favourite place in the world.

The flats in Hotel Polonia are a favourite of me and my mates. Great location and you won't get grief if you party late/bring people back.

Pub next to the Irish Pub is great (off the main square, near Maccas) and all the clubs round there. Jewish district also worth checking out.

Be careful though. The polish blokes are sick of english people going over there and pulling their birds. I got beaten up on last visit. It was worth it though as she was plenty fit.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Cadiz Seagull said:
But the most impressive (if that's the right word) place in the area is Auschwitz, both the original camp and especially Birkenau which is where the trains arrived and where the gas chambers are - it's absolutely MASSIVE!

Agreed you should make the effort to walk up to Birkenau – it's only 15 minutes from the Auschwitz camp. All the coach parties just go to Auschwitz (at least they did when I was there in 1994), and as a result it's quite busy. It's also large brick buildings with photographic exhibits etc – extremely harrowing, but also a little 'museum'-like. But me and two others walked to Birkenau after and it had much more impact – huge, desolate, deserted, and with the train tracks, huts and gas chambers you think of when you think of a concetration camp. Birkenau stayed in mind much more than Auschwitz. If you're on a budget, you can there by train for peanuts and do things at your own pace – a mere fraction of any organised tour's cost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here