Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kolo Toure Suspended By FA - Failed Drugs Test!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Of course there is, but it is possible that someone could take something unwittingly. Do you read the ingredients of all your medications?

I'm read that some of the products containing the banned substance I mentioned above, stated that they contained nothing banned.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There have been a number of cases just recently of sports people testing positive for a stimulant called Methylhexaneamine.

It's contained in a number of easily available high street nutritional products which apparently were deemed ok.

Personally, I'm just amazed that so few footballers fail drug tests for stuff like that. I can only assume the testing is very low level, and pretty lax.

Seeing as some don't have enough intelligence to realise that whether an air rifle has a pellet in it or not, what chance they know whether a nutritional drink has methylhexaneamine in it .... or even realise they should care.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
but it is possible that someone could take something unwittingly. Do you read the ingredients of all your medications?
That only stands up if we are subjected to random drugs tests.
We aren't, they are, and while I accept it was probably his only test this year, (which is a joke) and there is the possibility he took Headex instead of Anadin, or whatever, it's still his responsibility so he has to accept the punishment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last years Giro de Italia (3 week bike race a la Le Tour, less than 200 riders, or 8 squads), had 520 separate doping controls, and each of those samples were tested 6-7 times.

How many tests will be carried out in football this season?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Love people jumping to conclusions it might have been one mouthful of Night Nurse or something equally harmless.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Toure is a devout Muslim and by all accounts a hugely decent man (according to friends of mine who know him). Frankly I'd be amazed if it was anything other than an honest, albeit stupid, mistake.

garethlewes

Nov 9, 2010
I like the Daily Mail, style of reply from some people including, "throw the book at him" and "he should be banned for 2 years" etc. Does it not surprise you why people get OTT on some issues if you have idiots who don't have all the info and jump straight on the 'dirty cheating mother f***er band wagon.' STOP READING THE DAILY MAIL ;) http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9415174.stm This has already been said by AW and if the case then it might just me a mistake.

It's like if something like this happened, http://news.bbc.co.uk/winterolympics2002/hi/english/alpine_skiing/newsid_1885000/1885843.stm and the only information out about it was that he failed a drugs test, then Daily Mail people would be going crazy even though they didn't know it was just because the Vicks in the US had the banned substance unlike the UK version.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oh dear. We've had Chocco Jocko, we've now got Dole-o Kolo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here