Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Knock off Nigel, he's a knock off Nigel..."

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Do the government really think that this little radio jingle is going to make people stop buying dodgy DVDs and CDs, or burning their own? To me it seems like a big waste of money and 'knock off Nigel' will just become a slang phrase for dodgy geezers, nothing more. The fact that it's sung by a pre-pubescent choirboy doesn't exactly ram home the message!

:)

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Course it will. I always stopped to ponder the 'Home Taping is killing music. And its illegal' warnings on records that I had borrowed, before sticking them on the turntable and taping them.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I used to buy knock off DVD's, that was until I saw that advert so it worked for me.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Oi Monkey, you utter bastard, I've now got that appalling ditty stuck in my brain :angry:

PLEASE... someone come up with something less execrable.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Do the government really think that this little radio jingle is going to make people stop buying dodgy DVDs and CDs, or burning their own? To me it seems like a big waste of money and 'knock off Nigel' will just become a slang phrase for dodgy geezers, nothing more. The fact that it's sung by a pre-pubescent choirboy doesn't exactly ram home the message!

:)

Like most advertising, it's about raising awareness.

You started a thread about it.

They win.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
nothing subject , does anyone really care how many knock off nigels there are about , the more the better

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I used to buy knock off DVD's, that was until I saw that advert so it worked for me.

Yeah, amazing what you can see on the radio these days! :D

As for you Titanic "Knock off Nigel, he's a knock off Nigel, knock off Nigel buys countefeit DVDs"
:thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Where can you buy knock off DVDs?

I've already found my wife's Christmas present lying in the road (shh..it's a man hole cover!). Now I need some knock off DVDs.

Well I used to get mine off a bloke called Delroy but I'm not sure that was his real name because he was white.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Clever isn't it - people remember it, because it's f***ing annoying!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Yeah, amazing what you can see on the radio these days! :D

As for you Titanic "Knock off Nigel, he's a knock off Nigel, knock off Nigel buys countefeit DVDs"
:thumbsup:

It's on'telly as well you plonker.

:rant:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Think it probably has more of an impact making those that don't buy them satisfied that they are doing the right thing, and thus keeping them that way. Works for me, I don't buy fakes, not for any sort of moral reasoning but because they are shite.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
There was some chinese man that went around pubs selling them. Saw some blokes in Leyton selling them too near the shops.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Chinese DVD sellers are great! 'You want DVD?'

I was in the buiders merchants the other morning when one of those girls came in. She said, .............. You wan DVD, You wan DVD.

For a joke I asked her if she had ''Anal Intruders 4'' and she replied that she could get any film within the week.

So there you have it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here