Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knobs on the road

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
What makes me mad at this junction is all the idiots who think it's ok to hurtle down the A23 and cut into the A27 filter lane at the last minute thus causing all those in the lane to brake. GGrrrr!

Yeah some young whipper snapper did that exact thing there to me this morning too - he barely got in to go round the bend on the outside lane - idiot

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
My biggest pet hate is the women that drive huge great big Range Rovers - chelsea tractors to drop the kids to school!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My biggest pet hate is the women that drive huge great big Range Rovers - chelsea tractors to drop the kids to school!!!

I concur, I was nearly wiped out waiting at a roundabout as a "Careful Lady Driver" found it difficult to negoitiate while chatting on the phone and steering with one hand.....oh, with three kids in the back playing around

D

Deleted member 2719

On the way back from Maidstone today:-

One van driver with the newspaper spread out across the steering wheel reading whilst travelling about 60 mph

Another idiot swerving around the lane to the left of us and when we passed him he was rolling a fag again travelling about 60 mph at least

I really don't get these people at all and it infuriates me - that is all

And breathe

I would like a james bond (Or is Batman or Dastardly and Muttely) wheels to drive along side and puncture their wheels and drop oil all over the road and then use some blanket smoke on them.....oh what fun.

The annoying thing is the police are generally more interested at doing people for 36mph in a 30....:rant::rant::rant:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I came hurtling down by the pylons to turn onto the A27 and why oh why does every car in front of you break - its a filter lane FFS it infuriates me everytime

Maybe they are slowing down to comply with the 50mph limit that comes into effect?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The annoying thing is the police are generally more interested at doing people for 36mph in a 30....:rant::rant::rant:

I have got to tell you that is total horseshit. Obviously there are speed checks that go on, but I would far rather go after someone doing something quite patently dangerous at the time. The trouble is, when you're out there in a marked police car, funnily enough, most people tend to leave the mobile phone alone, or stop tailgating...

That said, if you're driving down a road with a school on and you're doing 36mph in that 30, then frankly you can't have any complaints if you get caught. IMHO.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing

One van driver with the newspaper spread out across the steering wheel reading whilst travelling about 60 mph

Another idiot swerving around the lane to the left of us and when we passed him he was rolling a fag again travelling about 60 mp

And breathe

phew, i do that drive everyday in my van and thought i might've been rumbled, but luckily not in my timespace....

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
My pet hate is people who insist on driving in the middle lane of the Motorway. The fcuking inside lane must be the most under used lane ever!!!! Why are you dawdling along in the middle lane when the inside lane is fcuking empty you prick. Move the fcuk over and let people who are driving overtake you without having the need to use the outside lane and inconvenience Mr Porsche when he was wants to get up my arse because he can drive at 110 mph and starts to flash me because of you you inconsiderate prick.

Now where are the Hamlet cigars!!!!!

D

Deleted member 2719

I have got to tell you that is total horseshit. Obviously there are speed checks that go on, but I would far rather go after someone doing something quite patently dangerous at the time. The trouble is, when you're out there in a marked police car, funnily enough, most people tend to leave the mobile phone alone, or stop tailgating...

That said, if you're driving down a road with a school on and you're doing 36mph in that 30, then frankly you can't have any complaints if you get caught. IMHO.

I really didn't expect you to agree Edna.

I have been driving for about 30years and never had a speeding offence or any driving offence but when some sneaky fine grabbing person has either hidden behind a tree or something similar when i was going on a downhill slope i was snapped for a split second doing 36.........it doesn't give you alot of faith in the law. It should be a yellow and card and no fine IMO.

Although speed kills (it tends to be excessive) i would argue lack of concentration kills more often IMO and for this is why these people should get the straight RED card and No licence for a year.
Don't get me wrong i am all for unmarked cars for picking up idiots not for minor 6mph over the limit.

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade

Another idiot swerving around the lane to the left of us and when we passed him he was rolling a fag again travelling about 60 mph at least

And breathe

Did they have Puffer Jackets on ?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
The no loading bay says "loading only?" That's confusing!

I actually had an argument with a traffic warden in Haywards Heath about this. I argued that if you're just picking something up from a shop then you are loading. She said you need to have a box weighing 20kg. There is no evidence of this on the WSCC website so I emailed them. Still no reply after 3 months.

Yes, I can be an anal bastard when it comes to these things.

anal, you'd have to be, as a brightoner!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I think I can safely say the only road user you have missed out there is the very inconsiderate Hedgehog who just toodles acroos the road not giving a flying F*%* about the only car driver who is allowed on the road.....YOU!!!! :lol: :lol:

[MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] I always thought my car was my own little bubble, in my funny little way. :lolol:

I'm not an inconsiderate driver by all means, I pride myself on being nice when i can. Just not to anyone trying to impede my driving. I've only been driving for a year though ;) just give me time <3

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
[MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] I always thought my car was my own little bubble, in my funny little way. :lolol:

I'm not an inconsiderate driver by all means, I pride myself on being nice when i can. Just not to anyone trying to impede my driving. I've only been driving for a year though ;) just give me time <3

Was only joking mate :thumbsup:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Most of you pretty much have covered it all!

Is it me or are foreigners not actually aware of the speed limit? Too many times I've been stuck behind someone with foreign plates doing 30ish in a 60... gets to a 30 does 20ish.

Oh and people who seem to only be capable of driving one speed, so you'll happily be driving 60 along a main road, get caught behind some muppet doing 40, get to a 30, you slow down and they carry on going 40 through a village?

Oh and people who don't seem to understand the concept of mini-roundabouts, there'll be 3 of you waiting to go, because old Ethel to your right isn't sure if she wants to go!

And....... CALM

on falmer road once I was stuck behind someone doing 4MPH. Yes. 4MPH. Out of 60. When I overtook him, he beeped and called me a wanker.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Saw a young women driving up Shirley Drive past Hove Rec at c.20mph this morning, focused on her mobile phone, and definitely never looked up in the 5 seconds as we watched from the south bound jam.

I see this sort of thing regularly in my rear view mirror...... what is so bloody important that you have to text the moment you come to a stop at traffic lights etc ? Yes, its usually a girl ! its great fun letting traffic pull away a bit more than usual and keeping an eye on the girl behind then pulling away very fast The look of panic, as they realise they are now holding traffic up and have to drop the phone quick mid-message and try to get in gear, is priceless !

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I came hurtling down by the pylons to turn onto the A27 and why oh why does every car in front of you break - its a filter lane FFS it infuriates me everytime

And how many times have I seen cars pull over into said filter lane.
Mostly bloody women ;-)

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
My guess is that they forget the speed limit signs in this country are in miles as opposed to Kilometres.

Aye probably, doesn't stop me from swearing out loud when stuck behind them, maybe I should start learning French swear words?

on falmer road once I was stuck behind someone doing 4MPH. Yes. 4MPH. Out of 60. When I overtook him, he beeped and called me a wanker.

4MPH? I thought 20 in a 60 was bad enough, you should try driving on the A259 between Hastings and Rye, you get plenty of them.

Problem is on this bit of road I don't overtake often as there's normally oncoming traffic or I can see a 40 or 30 sign up ahead, so don't bother...

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Aye probably, doesn't stop me from swearing out loud when stuck behind them, maybe I should start learning French swear words?

4MPH? I thought 20 in a 60 was bad enough, you should try driving on the A259 between Hastings and Rye, you get plenty of them.

Problem is on this bit of road I don't overtake often as there's normally oncoming traffic or I can see a 40 or 30 sign up ahead, so don't bother...

yeah, some bloke was causing a massive queue. when we overtook, he looked like he was playing a game with his child and reacted the way he did as if to say 'I'm going to drive slow and you can go jump in the lake.'

Pandapops doesn't take shit like that, not on a National Speed Limit road :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here