Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knobs on the road

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The no loading bay says "loading only?" That's confusing!

I actually had an argument with a traffic warden in Haywards Heath about this. I argued that if you're just picking something up from a shop then you are loading. She said you need to have a box weighing 20kg. There is no evidence of this on the WSCC website so I emailed them. Still no reply after 3 months.

Yes, I can be an anal bastard when it comes to these things.
Not anal at all, good for you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You are allowed to wait in a loading bay for up to 20 mins anyway

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
People who either dont indicate when coming off roundabouts, forcing you to wait needlessly, or morons in front of you at the roundabout entrance who cant seem to fathom that the car entering from the right and indicating left , allows you to go.

D

Deleted member 18477

DICKHEADS that overtake someone who is actually going the speed limit. i was going 60mph between clayton hill and ditchling and some absolute DICKHEAD thinks its ok even with on coming traffic in pitch black darkness to swing out and overtake at most probably 70-80mph and then speed off.

Tailgaters are also DICKHEADS!

As are people who don't indicate!

I also f***ing hate pricks that drive well below the speed limit. im not talking about your 25mphs in a 30 or your 35mphs in a 40, i'm talking about your 40mphs in a 60 and the 50mphs in a 70! learn how to drive arseholes!

don't worry i'm not this angry when i'm actually driving...

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Most of you pretty much have covered it all!

Is it me or are foreigners not actually aware of the speed limit? Too many times I've been stuck behind someone with foreign plates doing 30ish in a 60... gets to a 30 does 20ish.

Oh and people who seem to only be capable of driving one speed, so you'll happily be driving 60 along a main road, get caught behind some muppet doing 40, get to a 30, you slow down and they carry on going 40 through a village?

Oh and people who don't seem to understand the concept of mini-roundabouts, there'll be 3 of you waiting to go, because old Ethel to your right isn't sure if she wants to go!

And....... CALM

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Oh and people who seem to only be capable of driving one speed, so you'll happily be driving 60 along a main road, get caught behind some muppet doing 40, get to a 30, you slow down and they carry on going 40 through a village?

This

and if you do try & overtake when limit is 60 they speed up to stop you.

bha 3103

Aug 19, 2009
The no loading bay says "loading only?" That's confusing!

I actually had an argument with a traffic warden in Haywards Heath about this. I argued that if you're just picking something up from a shop then you are loading. She said you need to have a box weighing 20kg. There is no evidence of this on the WSCC website so I emailed them. Still no reply after 3 months.

Yes, I can be an anal bastard when it comes to these things.

The traffic warden is wrong here as a sign saying 'loading only' is a parking place reserved for loading only, as the sign suggests, by any class of vehicles regardless of weight the item could weight 20kg or 120kg the weight is irrelevant so I'm not sure where they heard about the weight restrictions.

The only time you won't be able to use a loading bay is if the sign states that it is reserved for 'goods vehicles only' which means only those class vehicles can use the loading bay.

Hope this makes sense :smile:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The traffic warden is wrong here as a sign saying 'loading only' is a parking place reserved for loading only, as the sign suggests, by any class of vehicles regardless of weight the item could weight 20kg or 120kg the weight is irrelevant so I'm not sure where they heard about the weight restrictions.

The only time you won't be able to use a loading bay is if the sign states that it is reserved for 'goods vehicles only' which means only those class vehicles can use the loading bay.

Hope this makes sense :smile:

Thank you, that's what I had always assumed. So if I'd ordered some sandwiches, for example, from a sandwich shop and stopped in a loading bay to pick them up, I'd be doing nothing wrong? The loading bay just has a sign saying "loading only".

bha 3103

Aug 19, 2009
Thank you, that's what I had always assumed. So if I'd ordered some sandwiches, for example, from a sandwich shop and stopped in a loading bay to pick them up, I'd be doing nothing wrong? The loading bay just has a sign saying "loading only".
No technically not I guess as you are picking goods up from a store, regardless of what it is.

D

Deleted member 18477

This

and if you do try & overtake when limit is 60 they speed up to stop you.

and that is when you have to use THE DAMN HORN!!!!!!!!!

...or in america when you pop a cap in their ass! :guns:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I came hurtling down by the pylons to turn onto the A27 and why oh why does every car in front of you break - its a filter lane FFS it infuriates me everytime

What makes me mad at this junction is all the idiots who think it's ok to hurtle down the A23 and cut into the A27 filter lane at the last minute thus causing all those in the lane to brake. GGrrrr!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
No technically not I guess as you are picking goods up from a store, regardless of what it is.

From what I have just read, googling this, yes I am anal as well, this is incorrect. You cannot just pull up to go buy a paper or something. Also, depending on council etc, you get between 3 and 5 minutes to move on or they will give a PCN. It has been mentioned that if you are still there after 20 minutes, a tow-away truck can be ordered. If you are still there after 30 minutes it will be taken. It appears though, that this 3-5 minutes is not legal. If you can prove, cctv evidence etc. that you were loading/unloading you should be able to win the appeal.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Its true that everywhere you look, someone is doing something wrong. What I have the largest issue with is queue jumpers. I fcuking hate them. This is Britain, get in line with everyone else and wait your turn, ****! I'd rather my car take a hit than let them in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here