Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knives out for Garcia already?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think the frustration when things are not going well, i.e not scoring goals, leads you to be far more critical of moves that don't come off. I may have my Albion tinted glasses on but we don't seem to be getting the bounce of the ball at the moment. We have shots, they are blocked and then bounce to the opposition player to clear. They are not dropping to Albion players at the moment. The first goal at Ipswich was a completely unstoppable deflection that Kuz would probably have saved easily, we don't seem to be getting luck like that either.

Other teams are not having many more shots than us they are just scoring from them. We are not a shambles in defence, just every mistake is being punished. Watch us get a lucky win against Forest and we'll be off again ( I did tell you I was wearing Albion tinted glasses)

Yep completely agree, had Lopez got on the end of a superb chipped ball from Bruno or if Ulloa did better when through on goal, or Barnes volley from Kemy's cross went in, to name just a few, it would have been a different game. The main thing is we are working with purpose, plan and a strategy and just need to take these well made chances.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No we made loads of chances in the first half. Have you seen the extended highlights on the seagull player?

Nope i dont subscribe...but i did try and think back and remember we had some decent efforts on goal...and just recalled it going a bit tits up in that last 25 mins or so when we seemed to lose our shape...which was contrary to the Millwall game where we also went one down and equalised late..we seemed to keep our belief in the football we like to play

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Of course it's not fair, when has opinion on NSC been fair!?

He's been in England a total of about 12 weeks. He's managed the squad in 11 competitive fixtures. He's trying out his squad, looking at how different players work in different roles. He's shown a flexibility to how we play, and even in a poor game like last night, we really had enough chances to win it.

We've got players that need to settle into the club, as well as the squad adapting to what Oscar is looking for from them.

Very promising results mixed with some poor performances as well.

I'm optimistic that Oscar will get this side understanding each other and playing well, and I think personally that we will be challenging the play off spots later in the season, perhaps in a late charge.

Agree. Also a fully fit squad to choose from will help.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Nope i dont subscribe...but i did try and think back and remember we had some decent efforts on goal...and just recalled it going a bit tits up in that last 25 mins or so when we seemed to lose our shape...which was contrary to the Millwall game where we also went one down and equalised late..we seemed to keep our belief in the football we like to play

Seagull Player is worth subscribing to and it gives a different view to the game, albeit with the ugly bits taken out, but it helps to understand what we are trying to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here