Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

knight v robinson

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
how long before jake gets a run in the team? he was only on for 7 minutes last night and looked capable of turning the game.....something leon didnt do all night. its unlikely we will ever play them both up front at the same time but would it be worth giving knighty a go out wide. MM says we need a creative midfielder and that was painfully obvious last night.....but whats happened to alexis nicholas? :shootself

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No contest Leon Knight is far and away better than jake, all this play jake is really getting to me now why are you all pinning your hopes on a 18 year old who has hardly any football league experience, McGhee gets to see him every day in training and feels he his not ready nuff said

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Rookie said:
No contest Leon Knight is far and away better than jake, all this play jake is really getting to me now why are you all pinning your hopes on a 18 year old who has hardly any football league experience, McGhee gets to see him every day in training and feels he his not ready nuff said

you must admit tho, when Jakey came on last night the whole place lifted. And yes i know tired legs and all that but at least jake was taking people on & running AT goal

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Leon for me,im starting to wonder if jake has a career here now,you see all these 18-19 year olds playing reguarly but jake doesn't mmm,give it this year and im sure he will be gone.:glare:

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Rookie said:
why are you all pinning your hopes on a 18 year old who has hardly any football league experience

Could say the same about CKR.
Jake looked sharp on Tuesday - if he comes on he needs more than 7 minutes.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Lawro's Lip said:
Could say the same about CKR.
Jake looked sharp on Tuesday - if he comes on he needs more than 7 minutes.

exactly - and i thought jake looked a lot better than he did

I must have nodded off by then, what did Jake do in those 7 minutes that has got people so excited. Genuine, not sarcastic, question.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I saw more pace, potential for creating chances for Turienzo and others. Was difficult to see more with so many people leaving!

My point would be that I'd like Jake as an option off the bench when needed but for 20 mins or so not 7.

Wouldn't play Jake instead of CKR though - I think the talk of dropping him is very premature and overlooks what he has already shown in his league matches.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
London Irish said:
I must have nodded off by then, what did Jake do in those 7 minutes that has got people so excited. Genuine, not sarcastic, question.

he just looked so much sharper. he wanted the ball more, and i remember one particularly good turn that saw him get away from his marker. him and turienzo looked dangerous up there together

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I really do laugh when i read all this hype.

Yes he is good but some people seem to think he is some sort of wonder kid who would score 30 goals in a season - he isnt.

Why on a few mins here and there do people think he is a better player than Leon?

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Wouldn't say he is a better player than Leon - just like to see him play a bit more. I still remember his goal last year at Reading.

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
Scott Ramsey, anyone? :lolol:

We need goals; and the prospect of CKR/Robinson pairing is not exactly a proven goalscoring partnership, and neither is Turienzo exactly 'established' for that matter. The idea of putting our hopes on two unproven teenage strikers in the Championship is laughable.

I'd go for Knight/Turienzo, combination of little and large, with CKR in behind. Jake will get his chance, if he takes it, great, if he doesn't then it's not as if we've paid a fee for him, and it's out the door to Bognor, or Eastbourne Borough like so many before him.

My two kroner's worth.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
jolson said:

I'd go for Knight/Turienzo, combination of little and large, with CKR in behind. Jake will get his chance, if he takes it, great, if he doesn't then it's not as if we've paid a fee for him, and it's out the door to Bognor, or Eastbourne Borough like so many before him.

My two kroner's worth.

I agree. Leon tends to accumulate yellow cards so Jakie will get his chance when Leon is suspended.
He'll be on the bench and ready to come for quite a few games this season. I think it depends on the game but I reckon the last 15 mins.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Though it's probably still too early to start him, he does need more than 7 minutes at the end of the game - and I'm sure he'll get it; it seems he'll be on the bench for every game, as the first-choice sub when we need a bit of pace and skill upfront.

He'll benefit from being introduced gradually, there's no immediate need to throw him straight in.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
How tall is CK-R? I got the impression he was quite a big bloke, but from the highlights on Seagulls World, he looks rather shorter ...

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Would be good to see Jake start up front with CKR, Knight play on the left with Hammond replacing chippy or charlie, Turienzo to stay on the bench for now,

an also bring back OGH on the right, with Reid replacing Jason 'Ken' 'Doddery' Dodd

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Fourteenth Eye said:
you must admit tho, when Jakey came on last night the whole place lifted. And yes i know tired legs and all that but at least jake was taking people on & running AT goal

He reminds me a great deal of Peter Ward. He too was small but he more than made up for his lack of stature with a level of pure skill that I have not witnessed at the club since he left. Give Jake a chance I say.

:wave:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here