Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight: King or false prophet.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Timely thread this because I was thinking about how much time and effort DK and MP have devoted to this football club. They got us back to Brighton despite massive objections from the Withdean NIMBYs. They are now devoting unbelievable energies and hours into securing Falmer. DK has bought in the people who gave us 2 Championships, bought in Zamora when it would have been easy to refuse on finacial grounds. They've actually got a marketing department functioning after the three scumbags did all they could to stop anybody buying Albion branded goods. They've got backers for Falmer and have the best interests in the fans at heart as well as wanting to ensure future generations get to watch the Albion in decent surroundings.

If Falmer is rejected it won't be DK or MP's fault. It won't be the fans' fault either.

Dick Knight needs an OBE, MBE or something similar.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I tend to blame the politicians as well. It should have been about as controversial as the colour of a Beach Hut. Politicians turned a straightforward development into a political football.

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Im sure a lot of that so called money came from the club and zamora money and coppell etc.
They are pretty skint so don't see them 2 raising that sort of money.
Maybe its the fatboy money+zamora and coppell etc that has made it 5 mil or so as it was 2.5 a while back.

I'll give him his dues for a pottless chairman he has done all by the book in the right way and i'll leave the big stuff til falmer arrives which will be soon.:lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Storer68 said:
a KNIGHThood surely

THAT was tempting but I tried avoiding the bleeding obvious:lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Dick Knight lives and breaths Albion - which is more than Archer, Bellotti and many other past owners, chairmen, managers and even players have done.
He is already a proud part of the history of our club and if Falmer fails it won't be through a lack of Dick's efforts - or money!
This man restored our pride and our club when we could have gone the way of Barrow, Southport or even Bradford Park Avenue!

Rod Thomas

Dec 29, 2003
Liverpool
Knight and Perry have been magnificent and could not have done more for this club. Whatever happens people should not forget that. My memory is good, and if we get the stadium, I believe there should also be some area of the ground dedicated to Steve Gritt and Jeff Wood.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Like most I would agree that DK & MP have done all they can for the club, but if Falmer flounders and there is no plan B, then what next? I wonder whether they themselves will think they've got to go... They've done nothing most of us have disagreed with, but will have ultimately failed if the new ground isn't forthcoming and that is the bottom line. I think there will be a ground swell of opinion after maybe 3 more years of shit football at a crap venue that something needs to be done, and that DK should go to make way for a new man. He himself might think it was better to go before being forced out.

I'm feeling miserable as I'm writing - it really doesn't bear thinking about. :nono:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Re: Re: Knight: King or false prophet.

Lord Bracknell said:
Yeah ... he should've gone for the non-controversial site.

???

That's what I was thinking when I first read this!

What choices did we have? Let's face it when all the other sites were being suggested not many had Falmer at the top of their list! (Well I did as I live in Newhaven) but most fans would have prefered Waterhall. (Not a NIMBY in sight there!) but alas the grass there is green and not brown! :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here