Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight dropped for Saturday

I'm wracking my brains trying to figure out why you have this pathological dislike of Jakey. I can only think it's because you're madly jealous of his status as a young gay icon.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
I'm wracking my brains trying to figure out why you have this pathological dislike of Jakey. I can only think it's because you're madly jealous of his status as a young gay icon.

Very football related - I cant see why people think he is better than Leon maybe its a race issue

1066gull

If Turi is gonna play, he should be with Leon just to be safe.

I would pick CKR and Jake. Just to see how the youngsters will do.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
KinkyGoebels said:
Yes and jakes 4 in 30 odd games over the past 3 years is o so special.

Plus you seem to forget he has set up about 6 goals this year.

What has Jake's (or Leon's) scoring record got to do with it? We're talking about Leon's petulance, not his footballing ability. And as for the paranoid incinuation that everyone's dislike for Leon is down to race, who are you? Phil Prosser?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
What has Jake's (or Leon's) scoring record got to do with it? We're talking about Leon's petulance, not his footballing ability. And as for the paranoid incinuation that everyone's dislike for Leon is down to race, who are you? Phil Prosser?
Just responding to the gay jibe.

And i think it moved on from that to his skill - instead of trying to pick holes at me you should read the thread?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The partnership I want to see is Turienzo and Knight.

CKR and Robinson are both young, and I can't see them scoring the 10-15 goals each that we need to survive in this division.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pavilionaire said:

CKR and Robinson are both young, and I can't see them scoring the 10-15 goals each that we need to survive in this division.

I concur

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Pavilionaire said:

Not saying that won't work, but what evidence do you have the Turienzo is the man for the job?

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
McGhee's initial reaction to the Knight arm wave was to turn to the fans and laugh. I don't think this is a big issue, certainly not in the same league as the McCammon incident.

Knight is still an excellent crosser of the ball and a dangerous player, he's the sort of guy who needs to be handled carefully because we'll need him in order to stay in his division, not sulking in the reserves.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Turienzo deserves a chance because what we've seen already up front is not going to deliver enough goals.

I have no evidence, although I respect McGhee's ability to sign good players, and his CV is decent. I have a feeling Turienzo will make a big difference with hold-up play and goals - we need to see him sooner rather than later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here