Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight - Better than Zamora?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Considering how the team has been playing for most of this season, its a bloody miracle the number of goals the fella has scored (how many is it now ? 16 ?).
Depends if you're measuring a striker purely by his goals tally, or by what else he brings to the team. At the moment, you've got to say that he is well on course to exceed Bobbys scoring feats.
I just hope he's here long enough to beat them.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Zamora was a much more calm and elegant player. I cant ever see knight scoring a goal like bobs agianst bury. he is a great little in the box man though

Imagine if we had knight and zamora last year ! :ohmy:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
they both play different games so i think that its hard to compare the both of them, if leon knight satys with us for 3 seasons then it will be intressting to see hes goal tally and how far away or how many more than bobby he's got!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bobby Z had a quality footballing brain. Not sure Leon's got the same vision. But like BZ when he was here, he's obviously playing in at least one division lower than he should be.

And cheers for the winning bets yeterday Leon by the way - keep 'em coming!

Selections
Event Date Event Selections Odds E/W Terms Result
1 22/11/2003 Notts County v Brighton
(First Goalscorer) Leon Knight
11/2 To Win Won
Stake: 4.00 To Win: 22.00 Returns: 26.00

2 22/11/2003 Notts County v Brighton
(Last Goalscorer) Leon Knight
11/2 To Win Won
Stake: 4.00 To Win: 22.00 Returns: 26.00

3 22/11/2003 Notts County v Brighton
(To Score at any time) Leon Knight
6/4 To Win Won
Stake: 6.00 To Win: 9.00 Returns: 15.00

Total Stake: 14.00 Total Returns: 67.00

:clap2: :clap2: :drink:

ojalbion

Jul 7, 2003
they said on the website that LK was playing his 100th league game, i looked up his career record on the website and prior to joining the albion he had scored 19 league goals.

LK is obviously benefitting from playing every game and knowing he is the main man up front, something he has never had at his previous clubs.

he had the choice to sign for QPR instead of the albion so why should he change his mind come january when he is banging them in regularly for the first time in his career

The only concern is that he only signed a 2 year deal but DK always made sure BZ was on a regularly updated contract

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Safeway said:
f*** yourself.

It's all turning very friendly again, I notice.

Bobby for me, although we couldn't have hoped for a better replacement. Having watched the likes of Cameron and Farrington pretending to be centre forwards, I'm just bloody grateful to have seen either Bobby or Leon in the stripes, never mind both.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Leon Knight is a great player. But I think Zamora is better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here