Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight - Better than Zamora?

I reckon so. He was f***ing dynamite today, involved in everything and constant threat.

He may not drop back and provide the link between midfield and attack as well as Bobby did but as far as an out-and-out striker goes I don't think we've had anyone better for a VERY long time.

Leon KNIGHT KNIGHT KNIGHT!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Safeway said:
I reckon so. He was f***ing dynamite today, involved in everything and constant threat.

He may not drop back and provide the link between midfield and attack as well as Bobby did but as far as an out-and-out striker goes I don't think we've had anyone better for a VERY long time.

Leon KNIGHT KNIGHT KNIGHT!!

I agree Safeway and I think he can only get better. If we can get another experienced forward to play with him, I think our strikeforce could be dynamite.

Here's hoping..

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't know.

He doesn't have calmness Bobby had, for instance has rushed shot today when Piercy let the ball run through his legs.

I just think of some of Bobby's goals (Reading 1st, Bury, Ipswich) and his calmness in front of goal is next to none.

Plus he does lack height and doesn't link the play in the way Booby could. That is a very important attribute.

He's a bloody good striker though. Bobby wins for me though.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i would have to go 4 bobby as said above. he linked the play a lot better than leon.bobby made us look a much better team all round because of this. think leon will score more goals but the goals we got when bobby was here, if he didnt score them then he got the assists, all the time. both class acts and we are lucky to have and had them. we didnt need the big striker link up man with bobby. think we do with leon. although mcphee has done brilliant we were top of league with that link up type player in dare i say it, henderson.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I think Bobby is the better all round player. Somehow I don't think Leon would be able to play up front by himself for two seasons and score 60-odd goals in the process.

Having said that, I think Lil' Leon is a great player with loads of potential.

Jimbo Jones

Jul 6, 2003
Lancaster/Brighton
I wish we could have both.

How f***ing awsome would that be?!:clap2:

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
Ain't no boxer and after kicking off tonight I feel like a real twat!
Justified or not!
No!
It was justified, so f*** it!!
Even though I feel
like :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Most prob had too many steriod enriched Big Macs!!

Oh well!

:(

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
JAMC said:
Ain't no boxer and after kicking off tonight I feel like a real twat!
Justified or not!
No!
It was justified, so f*** it!!
Even though I feel
like :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Most prob had too many steriod enriched Big Macs!!

Oh well!

:(
Why the f*** did I post that???

Never mind!

Up the Gulls!

Maybe I was trying to cleanse my soul!
f*** it!
Good night!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Two different types of player. I would have said that a farer comparison would be between Wardy and Knight and, bearing in mind that Wardy scored at the highest level he wins hands down.

Still, to loose Zamora getting Leon Knight was the ideal remedy.

Albion Rob

I reckon that Knight is a better natural finished and is probably deadlier from the penalty spot in, but Zamora had the height and his link up play was better. Having said that, some of Knight's passing yesterday was superb. I think they are different sorts of layers and to be jonest would be happy with either of them is the side - or of course both!

As an aside, I thought Yeates, McPhee and Knight ripped Notts apart yesterday with their movement.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
He's class and will only get better, having said that, I don't know if he's as good as Zamora, but I guess time will tell!

See that fence? I'm sat right on it!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chelsea saw him (pre Abramovich) as Zola's successor. Quality player who imo opinion is a more natural player than BZ but height and strength are two weeknesses he can do nothing about.

Break that goalscoring record Leon :clap2:

Both Wardy and Zamora had their best tallies in this division so it'll be interesting to see how Leon does. This team is definitely not as good as the one Wardy played in and I'm not sure it's as good as the one BZ played in either.

These threads are just stupid (I suppose it is football related though - well done).

Bobby and Leon are too different to say "who is better". Leon is smaller, runs at every ball, more skillful but gets taken off the ball to easily (due to his height).

Bobby was stronger, more threatening and a good header.

Leon hasn't played at the club for any length of time yet. The two players are completely different. The only way you could compare them is with goals scored at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Knight is none near the class of Zamora.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
Knight is none near the class of Zamora.

His goalscoring record so far, makes that comment a little harsh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here