Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight and Perry - liars?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
1) Previous insistance that the Falmer funding was fine?

2) Where has the £93 million figure come from?

I know these are already seperate issues being discussed, but I think the Bloom input has rather overshadowed the fact that we seem to have been lied to a bit.

Leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Perhaps you should read the club releases, all the info you require is there.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
1) Previous insistance that the Falmer funding was fine?

2) Where has the £93 million figure come from?

I know these are already seperate issues being discussed, but I think the Bloom input has rather overshadowed the fact that we seem to have been lied to a bit.

Leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Well said and that is the 93 millon dollar question

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Both fair points and was a bit taken back by Martin Perry saying Bloom saved the project. However......as long as Bloom delivers i think i can forget those issues!

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
All that has ever been said is that the funding is in place this has always been true.

The 93m comes from £66m building contract which is the figure that has always been quoted since Buckingham came on board plus additional figures for the planning process, inquiries, club fees to get to building etc. The project cost is £93m.

No-one has been lied to.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I know that being hard of thinking comes easy to ww sometimes but at no point did the club in my view 'lie' on this.

To try and put it in a way that even Ernest may understand, if a guard sees someone on a train without a ticket he asks them if they have the means to pay and they say yes. They then offer two alternative methods of payment - one on a debit card and the other on a mates credit card (the mate is there with them). If their debit card gets turned down but their mates card gets accepted, does that mean they lied when they said they had the means to pay? No it doesn't!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I know that being hard of thinking comes easy to ww sometimes but at no point did the club in my view 'lie' on this.

To try and put it in a way that even Ernest may understand, if a guard sees someone on a train without a ticket he asks them if they have the means to pay and they say yes. They then offer two alternative methods of payment - one on a debit card and the other on a mates credit card (the mate is there with them). If their debit card gets turned down but their mates card gets accepted, does that mean they lied when they said they had the means to pay? No it doesn't!

Why the mates credit card analogy.....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Oh dear.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh for christs sake.
Theres a ten page thread on this EXACT SUBJECT thats been rumbling along all frigging day.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Oh for God's sake, BOOOOOOO! :rant:

They didn't lie, they just didn't want to worry us. I mean, I know it's not like anyone on here would have overreacted and demanded resignations and the such... Instead they get on with sorting out a solution, and hey presto - Tony Bloom is our chairman and Falmer is all sorted. You can't expect Knight and Perry to just *have* £93million, it's an awful lot of money and more than they expected. Show some respect, they've never put the stadium in jeopardy and have now completed a deal which means there is no question about us getting it all built and up to a top notch standard.

Knight and Perry. :clap2:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
no specific reason - sorry if it seems i've implied something. I should have said a debit card or cash.

:thumbsup:

Sensitive times :lolol:, what of course you should have said was his mate with the purse he'd just robbed off an old lady.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here