Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Klopp offering to "send us the points"

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
As Stat mentioned, if they were playing away from home on Wednesday, I might have some sympathy.
But they aren't - Liverpool have the riches which come with EPL & CL football, so shut up and get on with it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
THey have just as many players, if not more than we do, we have a few sick notes . .. . . . whats the sfuss all about.

as has been said, theire U23's are probably a good match for Pottinkers best idea on the day.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Thoughts and prayers, Jurgen. NOT!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
This is the usual hatred of whoever happens to be the best in the country at the time. It used to be hatred of everything Fergie said, then Mourinho came along and made Chelsea a furiously effective winning machine. We've had a couple of years of Pep's dominance at Man City and now Liverpool are comfortably the best. And it's Liverpool, so the people who don't like them anyway will jump on every opportunity to slag them off and anyone associated with the club.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

He whined about it last year too, pre-COVID as he sent his stars to play in the World Club Championship and his second 11 beat Everton (This is all from memory !) in the FA Cup.. he will need to cut his cloth accordingly. It wont be Saturday, but he is making his excuses now in case his players can't get up for #teamslikeBrighton . Spurs/City/Man United/Arsenal are all presumably facing similar schedules - Leicester and Wolves too? The reality is at some point he will need to start no-hopers like Origi, Shaqiri whose biggest crime is they are not quite as good as Firmino, Salah, Mane.. presumably this is why he has kept them, to help the squad when players need a rest.. it just doesn't fit his plan that to rest his bestest players with 15/20 minutes to go in a game they are winning 4-0..

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
This is the usual hatred of whoever happens to be the best in the country at the time. It used to be hatred of everything Fergie said, then Mourinho came along and made Chelsea a furiously effective winning machine. We've had a couple of years of Pep's dominance at Man City and now Liverpool are comfortably the best. And it's Liverpool, so the people who don't like them anyway will jump on every opportunity to slag them off and anyone associated with the club.

Jusging by your post... it must be a win/win for you on Saturday!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Yes, tough isn't it Jurgen. Just think though of the doctors and nurses on the front line. You and the others in the PL are paid shedloads so a bit of inconvenience of playing three games a week should not be too much. I suggest you come into the real world where so many people are really struggling.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
This is the usual hatred of whoever happens to be the best in the country at the time. It used to be hatred of everything Fergie said, then Mourinho came along and mawde Chelsea a furiously effective winning machine. We've had a couple of years of Pep's dominance at Man City and now Liverpool are comfortably the best. And it's Liverpool, so the people who don't like them anyway will jump on every opportunity to slag them off and anyone associated with the club.

This thread is hardly that imho, more a light hearted look at things. Chelsea are too insipid to care about, dull club from the ground up, right through the entire playing staff up to Frank Dullard the manager. At least Liverpool have some character. I also think people resent the plastic fanbases these clubs you mention attract more than the club per se.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've always had a dislike of Klopp ever since he turned up at a Liverpool press conference in a Beatles T-Shirt in his early days. He got the usual press flattery "X-Factor" and all that but I couldn't help but think of the David Brent comparisons if Brendan Rodgers had done the same. Ever since I've noticed he comes out with horseshit such as this on a regular basis. Who knew the Champions League was potentially another 15 games a season?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, tough isn't it Jurgen. Just think though of the doctors and nurses on the front line. You and the others in the PL are paid shedloads so a bit of inconvenience of playing three games a week should not be too much. I suggest you come into the real world where so many people are really struggling.

The article points out that he isn't complaining about playing three games a week, but the tv scheduling times. Other managers have said the same to Sky and BT as well.

'Klopp, Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola and Manchester United counterpart Ole Gunnar Solskjaer have all criticised the TV timings in recent weeks.'

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Their game on Wednesday is at Anfield and they are under zero pressure to qualify from their group so if they rest anyone it will probably be against Atalanta, not us.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I hope they add "the three points against Brighton" to their constant candle-lit vigil for Van Dijk's knee

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Jusging by your post... it must be a win/win for you on Saturday!

I have no interest in Liverpool. But I don't have a problem acknowledging that they're the best team in the country at the moment, as Man City were a couple of years ago. You can pretend the Albion are the only club that matters if you want but the world is much bigger than that.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
So they play Wednesday night in Italy ,travel back and rest Thursday, train Friday , travel early Saturday to play us .... Is that so bad?
It is the price of success, playing in Europe.
He can give us the points if he likes . I am sure G P would love to have his problem.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If we did take something from the game I'll be sure not to watch his post match interview.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here