Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KLL

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
We are so lightweight in midfield,i can see no place for KLL,until we have that sorted out.Painter also needs defensive help and KLL does,nt give that.......doesnt look good for him IMO.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4452945 said:
Does anyone else not think that Gus is keeping his appearances down so that we can get him for a cheaper price in January?

Don't be daft
You have your best players on show
As much as I like him Lua Lua, he is not doing enough at present to warrant a starting place (it shows the depth of our squad that he wasn't even on bench yesterday)

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Don't be daft
You have your best players on show
As much as I like him Lua Lua, he is not doing enough at present to warrant a starting place (it shows the depth of our squad that he wasn't even on bench yesterday)

Agree, he fails to work back enough to support. Dare I say a little bit lazy.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Can't believe some people are writing off LuaLua :lolol:

Don't forget he's stepped up a level and coming back from a serious injury, in my view he's been getting sharper but Noone's still ahead of him at the moment and you're not going to see two wingers on a five sub bench. I don't tihnk he deserves to be out of the 16 though.

I disagree that he doesn't work back, it's just that he's woeful at giving Painter any kind of protection even f he's trying to (which he does).

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
pity ....but if he stays I am sure he will pull his socks up and do well for us maybe the injury has caused him to lose a bit of confidence
he will be back

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
They're keeping him out of side as they don't want him to get rave reviews before January. We don't want the amount of a perm bid to increase or a bidding war with teams such as Leicester. He'll be mustard 2nd half of season!!

Just need Hoskins to get a game and for CMS to have some company up top!!

haha, talking absolute shit, he's looked below average this season and I'd be livid if we bought him for the £1.5mil I think was agreed unless his performances pick up significantly given that we let Bennett go for the same amount.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
haha, talking absolute shit, he's looked below average this season and I'd be livid if we bought him for the £1.5mil I think was agreed unless his performances pick up significantly given that we let Bennett go for the same amount.

Have to agree with that, the fee that Bennett went for is sickening, and currently Kaz doesn't present a good case for being equal value. However I wouldn't right him, He still clearly has a savage burst of speed and a tremendous shot, he just needs fitness and confidence.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If he had started all 10 games I think these negative comments would be justified. He is just back form an Injury and hasn't been given much of an oppotunity. I feel if he goes back to Newcastle we may one day regret it.

He's not "just back from an injury." He was back playing last season and had a full pre-season.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Given how long people are giving KLL to recover from his injury, maybe we should consider getting hold of Bryan Robson to sort out our midfield problem. He is now fully recovered from the shoulder injury that forced him home from Mexico recently:jester:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He is an outstanding player, better when standing up than when on the ground trying to get a free kick that never was. If he works hard he still could do well. If his ego gets ahead of him, League 1 at best.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
He's not "just back from an injury." He was back playing last season and had a full pre-season.

I may be wrong but I don't think he has played many first team 90 minute games, has he? Getting back from a bad injury takes time because you tend to pick up other injuries in the process. Didn't he suffer a hamstring injury? On some of his performances last year, I think he has earned a bit more time to prove himself with us.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I may be wrong but I don't think he has played many first team 90 minute games, has he? Getting back from a bad injury takes time because you tend to pick up other injuries in the process. Didn't he suffer a hamstring injury? On some of his performances last year, I think he has earned a bit more time to prove himself with us.

well theres rest of october...all of nov/dec and some of january yet

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I still think he can do a job, but agree with a previous poster who mentioned that he does not offer enough cover for Painter. When he has got a run out though, he wins so many damn free kicks for us its astounding. In the same elk as Vicente at drawing in a tackle and then getting taken out. This with the fact that in Vicente we have someone who can deliver a set piece, personally I want to see him and Hoskins given a chance.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
He is a superstar in the making, cannot wait for him to be back and fighting fit, he will terrorise defenders.

Lets hope he gets a go against Millwall on Tuesday.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The pace of him and Noone getting on the end of some Vicente passes should be something special.

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4452945 said:
Does anyone else not think that Gus is keeping his appearances down so that we can get him for a cheaper price in January?

I understood that the price for a sale in jan was pre agreed as part of the loan negotiation?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We showed yesterday that we needed somebody to move on up the wing a bit as we were getting bogged down in our own half. We started to do this when Noone came on and had Lua Lua been on the bench he would have done similar but he still needs to run at defenders and use the blistering pace that he had, if he still has it, and go outside of defenders rather than keep going inside onto his right foot.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We showed yesterday that we needed somebody to move on up the wing a bit as we were getting bogged down in our own half. We started to do this when Noone came on and had Lua Lua been on the bench he would have done similar but he still needs to run at defenders and use the blistering pace that he had, if he still has it, and go outside of defenders rather than keep going inside onto his right foot.
He still has his pace, he's murdered fullbacks whenever he's played this season even though he's been far from at his best.

People talking about the injury and how he's been back for ages, I don't tihnk it's quite that simple. He was out for many months with a bad break, it's not like players always come back from that and then are always fine after a couple of weeks training. Plus, remember Gus saying he didn't think NEwcastle were treating him in the best possible way? Remember him failing his medical so he didn't sign permanently? He had a full pre-season, of sorts, but not with us, and not fully with the first team at Newcastle either. And he's not had a full game since he broke his leg. So feel free to keep writing off a player you were probably fapping over a few months ago but it will most likely come back and make you look silly, if you don't already. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here