Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kjell Scherpen - Albion in talks with Ajax Goalkeeper (Signed 16/07/2021)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Good job I am not in charge of recruitment as another keeper would not be on my list

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Welcome to the Albion.

At almost 6’6” things are looking up in our goalkeeping.

He's grown to 6'8" since you last looked. He'll be 7'0"" by the time the season starts!

Mind you, strikers will be shooting between his legs, the gap will be as big as a 5 a side goal:)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Now that would be a cracking photo!

Just for you

kjell-lamptey.jpg

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
He's grown to 6'8" since you last looked. He'll be 7'0"" by the time the season starts!

Mind you, strikers will be shooting between his legs, the gap will be as big as a 5 a side goal:)

The Albion have asked the PL for special dispensation to have TWO goalies on the pitch. Maty Ryan has been recalled to deal with those shots between Kjell’s legs. :drink:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
See it as insurance for Sanchez….

Sanchez bids fair to become the next target of some Big Club™ who wants to add to their bench.

"We don't actually need him. And we won't actually use him. But we don't want you to have him -- and we have the money to get away with it. The likes of you having someone that good plays hob with the proper ordering of the universe."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am also not sure about this one.

We have Sanchez, who let’s face it is protected by a decentish defence in front of him, yet we go out and spend money on cover! We have lots of goalies. Why bring in another one?

Very curious signing IMHO.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I am also not sure about this one.

We have Sanchez, who let’s face it is protected by a decentish defence in front of him, yet we go out and spend money on cover! We have lots of goalies. Why bring in another one?

Very curious signing IMHO.
A 21 year old who's played for Ajax in the Europa League...?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not in this window, but maybe in 12 months, or maybe never and we loan him out for a while and sell him for a profit. Think big!

I am old school. I have no truck with this , buy to loan and sell bollocks. I know it is because football is a business and the players are commodities,( I also have no truck with this kissing the badge shite either) contracts are nothing more than compensation level agreements.

I am also ****ed off that we will not get to see a terrific young starlet at the beginning of his international career.

But yes, buy anyone so we can sell them at a profit.

That is why IMHO a modern football is shite

If we buy someone I want them to play

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Apparently crocked. Seen at the Amex with a protective boot on his foot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here