Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit tonight

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
just seen this on the official site

Meanwhile, referee Craig Pawson has deemed Albion's navy and yellow kit, with yellow shorts and socks, as too close to Leicester's all royal blue arrangement.

Albion wore the same colours against Peterborough United, Stockport County and Oldham Athletic - but first-year Football League official has deemed the kits to clash, much to Albion's chagrin.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Sounds like we will be borrowing a leicester away shirt to go with our yellow shorts and socks...

...there were at least 3 different threads BEFORE the start of the season saying it was stupid to have 3 blue kits - why copuld the club not predict this problem? We have already had to draft in a 'fourth' kit once.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This shirt:

leicester_city_2007-2009-away-c.gif

With these shorts:

brighton___hove_albion_2008-2009-change-alt.gif

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
...there were at least 3 different threads BEFORE the start of the season saying it was stupid to have 3 blue kits - why copuld the club not predict this problem? We have already had to draft in a 'fourth' kit once.

Yup, seems like a mistake made there, although I can't really see how the yellow and blue kit could clash with Leciesters kit

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot understand why, when we travel away, we do not pack our 4th kit of white we would never have such a problem or is that too easy or does it take up too much room in the boot of the team coach to put 2 dozen extra shirts in a bag.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
The players wearing numbers 2-11, how refreshing that must seem.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
That is ridiculous! Whoever gave the okay to release these three kits should be kicking themselves now.

"YOU'RE NOT FIT TO WEAR THE STRIPES!!!"

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what a cock up that was - FIVE different shirts worn by our team this season, that must be some sort of football league record?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
what a cock up that was - FIVE different shirts worn by our team this season, that must be some sort of football league record?

Was the white kit disallowed or was it not used because the kitman didn't put them on the coach?

I wonder if the club shop will be selling limited edition Leicester away shirts!

This story sounds like something off of Danny Baker!

EDIT: Woops - just seen your thread Scotty!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was the white kit disallowed or was it not used because the kitman didn't put them on the coach?
!

I would think the latter because Leicester wore all blue. As I suggested on an earlier post why not just pack the white shirts for every game it is not rocket science that somebody at some time would say the blue and yellow clashed. Silly idea in the first place having 3 kits all containing over 50% blue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here