Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit Kat advert

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On the Kit Kat cross your finger adverts on the TV is the young lad in the black and red shirt wearing a BHA away shirt. My yoiungest son thinks it is I do not think its one of our away kit.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's not ours.

Seems likely then. By the way what is the latest on Worthing FC being wound up or otherwise. I was at my mums reading The Herald and in Harty's column he suggested it could happen but Monty whatever said no chance. Also saw that The Clifton is now boarded up.

Well Director Martin Stevens has threatened to sue the club if we don't return what we owe of the £80,000 loan he gave many years ago by the end of the month, which we believe he was advised to do by his mates on the board Pook and Agnew, who have been nowhere to be seen this season.

Morty is deluded. At the end of season dinner a few of us took part in a protest of sort (few beers plus dominoes).

Early on Morty came out to talk with us and came out with 20 minutes worth of the worst bullshit I've ever heard, claiming that there was no problem when we could be going out of business, and that he has got land somewhere, we believe in goring, for his "great plan" for a complex with cinema and football ground.

So until Monday or Tuesday we won't know. If he sues us, the club liquidates and the investors-who advised the Hollis family to liquidate the club voluntarily- could possibly come in and help form a new club free of the troublesome board.

If not then it'll be our youth fighting for survival in Ryman 1 next year due to the incompetent Hollis' doing nothing over the season to try and improve our budgetary situation, which is £600 per week. We've lost two squad members, pretty much all will go and we don't blame them.

I find it hard to talk about this sometimes because IMO most of us believe that the best thing is for a new club to come about....

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Well Director Martin Stevens has threatened to sue the club if we don't return what we owe of the £80,000 loan he gave many years ago by the end of the month, which we believe he was advised to do by his mates on the board Pook and Agnew, who have been nowhere to be seen this season.

Morty is deluded. At the end of season dinner a few of us took part in a protest of sort (few beers plus dominoes).

Early on Morty came out to talk with us and came out with 20 minutes worth of the worst bullshit I've ever heard, claiming that there was no problem when we could be going out of business, and that he has got land somewhere, we believe in goring, for his "great plan" for a complex with cinema and football ground.

So until Monday or Tuesday we won't know. If he sues us, the club liquidates and the investors-who advised the Hollis family to liquidate the club voluntarily- could possibly come in and help form a new club free of the troublesome board.

If not then it'll be our youth fighting for survival in Ryman 1 next year due to the incompetent Hollis' doing nothing over the season to try and improve our budgetary situation, which is £600 per week. We've lost two squad members, pretty much all will go and we don't blame them.

I find it hard to talk about this sometimes because IMO most of us believe that the best thing is for a new club to come about....

Were you pissed when you wrote this?...... can you do it again in English , so that we can understand it,please ?

Were you pissed when you wrote this?...... can you do it again in English , so that we can understand it,please ?

Nope, just the subject is complicated and many things came to my head at once about the situation, so in simple terms

-Director Martin Stevens allegedly wants 80k loan to the club back by end of this month (Monday). He has threatened to sue the club if he doesn't get the money, however he could be bluffing.

-If he calls his bluff, the club will go into liquidation. If this happens we hope investors who turned down investing in the current club-due to the debts-will help set up a new club

-Morty Hollis denys anything is wrong and has stated he will not voluntarily liquidate the club, and plans to go ahead next season with a new manager who will have a budget of £600 per week, and most likely most of the youth team in a relegation battle.

-Two team members have left for Whitehwak, more will head elsewhere across sussex in the following months, and who can blame them?

-During the end of season dinner and presentations, a group of us sat outside to show our feelings about what was going on. Morty came out beforehand to talk to some of us, and spouted 20 minutes of the most amount of bullshit I have heard

-He claims nothing is wrong and continually got himself confused, and claims that he has bought land, we believe in the goring area, where he wants to build his "grand dream" as we call it-a complex similar to the Chichester Cineworld complex, but with a football stadium as well.

So by Monday or Tuesday Worthing FC could no longer excist in its current form after 124 years.

After such a brilliant season last year and the best fan-player relationship i've seen at a club it was sad to see those players for the last time at the end of season evening........thing thats all I've got to say for now.......

Alfred the greatx

Cake anyone, bit overdone
Jun 15, 2008
And yes, the Clifton is boarded up and the Freehold is for sale. Can't see anyone wanting to open it as a pub again, no parking for flats either, could be a new Tescos as the nearest one is over 10 yards away:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here