Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kish

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Great to see these 36 year old's can still perfom. Would have lost this last season. What's that 3 home games and no defeat ( league ) can this be right !!!!!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Did think all the back 4 were superb today as well especially Painter.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Thought Kish was OK but looked a yard slower today, gave the ball away more than usual. 6 from me.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Oh and have to say I feel a bit sorry for Gary Dicker, seems to be destined for the bench if others are available, but never lets anyone down. Not sure why he doesn't start, perhaps someone (who knows the game) could enlighten me? :shrug:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm with Warsaw, I thought Kishishev wasn't that good. Everytime he tried to do something difficult, he couldn't find the right ball. Defensively he was solid and strong, but his distribution wasn't at its best today. Like Warsaw, I would give him a 6. Very important part of our team though and that's the only reason why Dicker doesn't get in. Though I would prefer Dicker played every game than Kishishev, purely because I think Dicker is quality, no criticism of Kishishev meant there.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Kish is looking good, but there is a lot of competition in central midfield this season. Should keep them all on their toes. Briddcutt, Smith, Dicker and hopefully Caskey are all waiting for Kish and Sparrow to trip up.

Thought KIsh played really well today, but does seem to tire at the end a little.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I'm with Warsaw, I thought Kishishev wasn't that good. Everytime he tried to do something difficult, he couldn't find the right ball. Defensively he was solid and strong, but his distribution wasn't at its best today. Like Warsaw, I would give him a 6. Very important part of our team though and that's the only reason why Dicker doesn't get in. Though I would prefer Dicker played every game than Kishishev, purely because I think Dicker is quality, no criticism of Kishishev meant there.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Kish is in there to play the Navarro role (breaking up the play whilst sitting in front of the back four), something which does not suit Dicker given his lack of strength in the tackle and inability in the air. You acknowledge that Kishishev is a "very important part of our team", yet counter that by saying you'd rather see Dicker playing every game instead of Kish. Given the current success of the side, why would we change things to bring him in?

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Kish is in there to play the Navarro role (breaking up the play whilst sitting in front of the back four), something which does not suit Dicker given his lack of strength in the tackle and inability in the air. You acknowledge that Kishishev is a "very important part of our team", yet counter that by saying you'd rather see Dicker playing every game instead of Kish. Given the current success of the side, why would we change things to bring him in?

Agree with most of that other than the fact that Dicker was a part of the successful side last Saturday as well, so can kind of see the point being put across by the previous poster. If anything would be that Sparrow shouldn't have started.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Navarro never tries raking passes though, because that's not his game. He wins it back and then plays it short to get us moving. My only criticism of Kishishev today was his distribution, I would rather see him keep it simple and just pass it over shorter distances than he was today. I disagree completely about Dicker, he is strong in the tackle and he does compete in the air. I would prefer to see Dicker in the side, because I think his range of passing is much better. But Kishishev is also a good player, I can see that and I'm not trying to be critical of him, I would just rather have Dicker there. But I've nothing against Kishishev being in the team.. what a nice problem it is having more than 1 good player for that position.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I disagree, I thought Kishichev had a bad game.

His positioning is good and his reading of the game helps him but he doesn't look like he is used to playing in a side who pass the ball and he seems to always be in a rush to get rid of it and often misplaces his passes.

I would think he is in the side for the interceptions he makes rather than the crunching tackles, but I'm not convinced he is our best option.

Sparrow stands out for me as our best central midfielder but the other spot is up for grabs between Kishichev, Dicker, Battipiedi & Briddcutt

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought Kish gave the ball away way too much in the first half. Yes, he might be sitting in there to be the new Navarro, but that doesn't mean playing some shit throughballs. I thought he did well enough overall, but his lack of pace and movement make it difficult for him to roam about on the thin roofing of that fairly solid back four.

I agree that you can't play Dicker there. I love the guy and envy his weight of pass enormously, but i think the only way to play him would be in a 4-5-1, which is not a bad thing, i think.

MOM for me today, other than the obvious of Kazza, scaring the living shit out of defenders, was Painter, who no one passed until about the 87th minute. Brilliant. And Calderon was a classy, flairish geniues too.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm with seagullrick on this one - in my view Kish and Dicker are two very different players and do not naturally play the same role although both are talented to adapt to different needs.

ds4000

Sep 4, 2010
i thought dicker done more in his cameo than spaz did whole game. not getting on his back, i think hes a good player. Witnessed that at Swindon.:smile:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
had a good game,but thenn so did all the midfield,against a very good mk team,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here