Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kirtley signs for 2 more years

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Sussex CCC can confirm that James Kirtley has signed a new contract that will commit him to the Club until the end of the 2008 season.

James is pleased to be with Sussex for the next two seasons, “I’m delighted that Sussex has shown faith in my ability and have offered me this new two-year deal. I am very grateful for the Club’s support of me during the past fifteen months and I hope to be able to repay them with performances similar to those in the latter half of 2006 over the next two years and hopefully longer.’

Professional Cricket Manager, Mark Robinson commented, ‘James is Sussex through and through and the type of player every coach wants on his team. He responds to each opportunity with an unrivalled enthusiasm and his strength of character has ensured that he’s come back fighting from what has been a difficult year for him. We are thrilled that he has committed to the Club for a further two seasons.’

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Great news. I was fearing the worst when he had a slow start to the season and could not break into the team. I thought that his remodelled action had taken it's toll. Great to see him come back flying and hopefully can push on.

Alas, I think it is too late for him to regain his England spot, that he lost (unfairly) although we could do with him out in Australia at the moment - he could show our pace bowlers how to bowl line and length!!

Great news! :clap2: :clap2:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Excellent news that Eastbourne's finest will be donning the martlets until 2008...

He is particularly suited to one-day cricket and I'm sure all Sussex fans wish him well

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
You would be right there Moshe. I've always admired Kirtley. The Old Cliftonian ex-England Mayor's son has made an admirable return to the top flight and we all wish him well. I particularly enjoyed his performance with the bat at Canterbury where he and Mushy kept cool heads while all around them were losing theirs.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
fisons said:
I particularly enjoyed his performance with the bat at Canterbury where he and Mushy kept cool heads while all around them were losing theirs.
a memorable day indeed - when NSC were treated to live updates from the ground...

I've just been watching the 10 minutes Ashes highlights on the BBC website... lovely bit with Belly and Warney (might as well be Sanskrit..)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Also, we've signed a big sponsorship deal with someone I've never heard of.

But it means loads of cash. Excellent news.
I did start a thread on that with the new shirts.... Somewhere....

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Also, we've signed a big sponsorship deal with someone I've never heard of.

But it means loads of cash. Excellent news.
RDF are a local computer firm who have sponsored the Academy for the past few years...

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Great news,lets keep the squad together and i am sure with C/A in charge we will be close to the honours again.:clap: :albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here