Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kiosk Service etc.

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
Hi again Albion fans.

I work in one of the kiosks at the stadium, and a few weeks ago I responded to a thread about the service speed and stock levels in the kiosks. Hopefully I cleared a lot up for you all.

Now, after yesterday's game I feel that we're finally getting things on track. Admittedly we're not quite there yet but I think we've made significant progress.

I was just wondering if any of you had any comments about this, or if anyone was still having any major issues? It's always nice to get feedback on the job we're doing.

:bhasign: :amex:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The service is getting better and better each game. Got my 2 pies and 2 drinks in 30 seconds flat. Oh and she is a looker too:love:

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I know it was the first time but the person who served me had no idea if the pies were chicken&ham or chicken balti.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hi again Albion fans.

I work in one of the kiosks at the stadium, and a few weeks ago I responded to a thread about the service speed and stock levels in the kiosks. Hopefully I cleared a lot up for you all.

Now, after yesterday's game I feel that we're finally getting things on track. Admittedly we're not quite there yet but I think we've made significant progress.

I was just wondering if any of you had any comments about this, or if anyone was still having any major issues? It's always nice to get feedback on the job we're doing.

:bhasign: :amex:

Well it was clear to me that the problems were little to do with the staff on the front line as they very rarely are. So yes - the "service" has improved massively, but I'm happier with the fact that you are obviously getting the support you need.

I noticed yesterday that the staff appear much happier.

The only thing that slowed up my service at half time was me completely forgetting when I had queued up for.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I noticed when having a drink after the game in WSL that they had a number of pies still, was that due to increasing the stock level or less people buying them than usual, or possibly a combination of both.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Kiosk by block B of the East Stand was as short a queue as I've seen it so far. Clearly all trying your best, so big thumbs up from me.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country

Before Sunday's game i went to the West Upper (north end) kiosk and said "Chicken Balti Pie please" and the guy behind the counter said "We dont do Balti Pies yet, we'll be doing them in two weeks time".

I replied "no you're mistaken they are on sale today" and he said "no they're not", I pointed to the big poster in front of him that said CHICKEN BALTI PIE and he said "that's wrong they're not on sale yet, only the normal chicken pies". I said "goodbye".

I walked along to the centre kiosk and said to the lovely young lady "Chicken Balti Pie please" and she said "certainly" and gave me the pie I wanted. I said thankyou. She smiled very nicely.

I then took a bite (to check the pie was indeed a Balti Pie) and went back to the first guy and said "there you are a Chicken Balti Pie" he looked at it,looked at me, looked at the pie again, looked at me again and said "Oh, I didn't think we were doing them yet"

Clearly the management are not doing their job and briefing their staff - what hope have the service staff got if they are not trained or briefed properly?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Before Sunday's game i went to the West Upper (north end) kiosk and said "Chicken Balti Pie please" and the guy behind the counter said "We dont do Balti Pies yet, we'll be doing them in two weeks time".

I replied "no you're mistaken they are on sale today" and he said "no they're not", I pointed to the big poster in front of him that said CHICKEN BALTI PIE and he said "that's wrong they're not on sale yet, only the normal chicken pies". I said "goodbye".

I walked along to the centre kiosk and said to the lovely young lady "Chicken Balti Pie please" and she said "certainly" and gave me the pie I wanted. I said thankyou. She smiled very nicely.

I then took a bite (to check the pie was indeed a Balti Pie) and went back to the first guy and said "there you are a Chicken Balti Pie" he looked at it,looked at me, looked at the pie again, looked at me again and said "Oh, I didn't think we were doing them yet"

Clearly the management are not doing their job and briefing their staff - what hope have the service staff got if they are not trained or briefed properly?

I'd have told you to STUFF your PIE up your backside IF I had BEEN working there

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

:lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yes, that one individual not knowing chicken balti pies were for sale is conclusive proof that the entire stadium catering management are not doing their job properly....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I couldn't physically walk straight up to the till, in the East.
I joined in the queue, which was short, next to the opening till.
Some other guy tried to politely 'push' me through, but I just couldn't do it, I had to follow him.
At least I still had some kind of queue, to stand in :lol:.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

What a moaner! I have to agree with Ernest I would have told you to stick the pie where the sun don't shine. Are you quite old and grumpy???

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
I noticed when having a drink after the game in WSL that they had a number of pies still, was that due to increasing the stock level or less people buying them than usual, or possibly a combination of both.

Stock levels are finally getting to a much more useful level. We actually had more than needed this time, as opposed to the several weeks that we've run out by half time. The problem was with piglet's pantry (the company who supply our pies) before now. They've since posted an apology to Albion fans and staff on their website (and Twitter and Facebook pages) for being inefficient and generally buggering up the orders.

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton

As far as I know this sounds like an isolated incident. I'll personally talk to the people involved and make sure all staff know what they're actually being paid to sell :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here