Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kinnear In, Llambias Out - Pardew Out, Gus In?...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

And tony bloom has given us a 30,500 ground and the money for poyet to build the team, you think that people are being very fickle towards poyet and that is your view. I'm in the other camp team bloom and club all day.

Im not in either camp, I think both sides have probably done some daft things but how can you be anti-Poyet until you know the facts? We have no idea what he's supposed to have done wrong.

He has given us amazing football and overachievement in every single year at the club. That is to be admired.

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
Seeing as you clearly know (judging by you brilliantly angry reaction to a simple post), could you please enlighten us all to what exactly are the reasons for Gus Poyet's suspension?

Surely you haven't made your mind up without knowing any of the facts?

I trust tony bloom 100 per cent and the club.Gus poyet on the other hand I do not. Without bloom there would be no club without gus there woukd some fans would do very well to think about that next time they go to the amex and sit in our lovely ground.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
For comedy value alone, please let this be true! Ashley, Kinnear and Poyet - a ménage a trois made in heaven, Shirley?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're backed into a corner because:

1. The players return for training next week
2. We've lost Bridge, not signed anyone
3. We need to tell the likes of Upson, Hammond, El-Abd and Spanish Dave what's going on
4. The fans and local media need to be reassured the club have control of the situation.

The other side of this is that the same factors will apply to whatever club Gus joins, assuming he'll be moving jobs this summer.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I trust tony bloom 100 per cent and the club.Gus poyet on the other hand I do not. Without bloom there would be no club without gus there woukd some fans would do very well to think about that next time they go to the amex and sit in our lovely ground.

That point's not up for debate at all though.

That is totally seperate to deciding whether Gus is the 'scum' people play him out to be when they don't even know why he has been suspended..

I.e If Alex Ferguson punched a youth team player unprovoked you couldn't jump to the defence of Fergie just because he's done more for the club, while also portraying the youth team player as trying to rinse the club of funds.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I.e If Alex Ferguson punched a youth team player unprovoked you couldn't jump to the defence of Fergie just because he's done more for the club, while also portraying the youth team player as trying to rinse the club of funds.

Surely the point is that until the facts had been released into the public domain fans of manure would have a hard time believing that Fergie had in fact hit the youth team player? They would be saying "Hang on a minute, we have a rumour that SAF has decked a lad. I don't believe it - look at his 26 years of success with us. He'd never risk all that by hitting someone. Come one, Manure, be transparent and show us the facts".

That, in microcosm is what is happening at BHA. The club are saying that GP has been a naughty enough boy to be suspended and investigated and GP supporters are saying "Do what? Look at all the success he's brought us. Surely not?"

For the record - I'm on the fence on the whole thing - there are just way too few facts to make a judgement.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
That point's not up for debate at all though.

That is totally seperate to deciding whether Gus is the 'scum' people play him out to be when they don't even know why he has been suspended..

oh he probably would, some people don't like to let the lack of facts get in the way. Like the ones who defended/prosecuted the players in court before the jury had decided

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This thread was kind of about Newcastle <sigh> :rolleyes:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That, in microcosm is what is happening at BHA. The club are saying that GP has been a naughty enough boy to be suspended and investigated and GP supporters are saying "Do what? Look at all the success he's brought us. Surely not?"

I haven't seen many posts like that. What I and others object to is ridiculous comments referring to Gus as "clueless" and belittling his achievements with the club based on this suspension.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I haven't seen many posts like that. What I and others object to is ridiculous comments referring to Gus as "clueless" and belittling his achievements with the club based on this suspension.

yeah, fair enough. I've deliberately stayed out of the GP vs Club debate and was careful in my post to say I'm on the fence. I'll go back there now!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
yeah, fair enough. I've deliberately stayed out of the GP vs Club debate and was careful in my post to say I'm on the fence. I'll go back there now!

Surely we all by definition have to be on the fence at the moment, as we know nothing at all? Never stops most jumping into one camp or the other though does it?

I dunno why we live in a culture now where everyone is determined to think in black or white when the reality is that everything is differing shades of grey (not 50).

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011

a few people don't seem to understand that some of us are on the fence waiting to see if any facts emerge before making a decision. It does make you wonder how awful it would be to get accused of something. Just think if **** hit the fan and one of us were up in court, some of these posters could be on the jury and considering by the time you've walked in they've made their mind up what hope would you have if they didn't like you

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Surely the point is that until the facts had been released into the public domain fans of manure would have a hard time believing that Fergie had in fact hit the youth team player? They would be saying "Hang on a minute, we have a rumour that SAF has decked a lad. I don't believe it - look at his 26 years of success with us. He'd never risk all that by hitting someone. Come one, Manure, be transparent and show us the facts".

For the record - I'm on the fence on the whole thing - there are just way too few facts to make a judgement.

The only sane judgement. Shame so few on here agree....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
- there are just way too few facts to make a judgement.

The truest statement I've read since the whole saga first broke into the news. I don't know who is in the right, and I don't know who is in the wrong. Until such time as we do know all the facts I will keep schtum on the matter.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There could be some interesting " Misinterpretations " ahead for Newcastle this year if Gus goes there. Lots of French players yet Gus speaks Spanish and marginal English ? Plus the Geordies speak neither French Spanish or English, add a Director of Football who speaks Millwall Docks and its going to be great.

Plus Gus backed Suarez in the Man U racism controversy and if he goes to Newcastle a large number of his players will be , like Evra, of African descent.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would have thought that speaking a Latin language would only assist Gus and Tanno in dealing with the French contingent as compared with Pardew. You'd think Tanno being a former defender and from Argentina might help with Coloccini too.

Granted, I can't see what Kinnear adds to the party, but that applies to anyone Ashley decided to bring in.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
We're backed into a corner because:

1. The players return for training next week
QUOTE]

As I work at the Uni I plan to turn up on Monday with some bibs and cones and see if I can take the training session. Training will finish with a couple of hours in the Swan to rehydrate!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's what's happened in the last 24 hours that's really bizarre though. All the while Llambias was there it looked as though Pardew's position was safe, even with Kinnear in the background.

I see that Pardew has come out today and said he intends to stay at Newcastle and get them up the table. But then he would say that. A joint press conference with Ashley, Kinnear and Pardew singing from the same hymnsheet would quash the rumours but that's not happened, or likely to happen.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Surely Kinnear has been thrown in to do a job on Llambias and Pardew? Lambeeze has already had enough... can't see Pardew lasting much more than a week. Once that happens, Kinnear will be paid to do nothing for a few months and then leave on doctors orders or some other excuse.

I could see Gus and Tanno going to Newcastle definitely. If they're cheap enough and are happy to work without a huge transfer budget then they could well be in the frame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here