Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kinight to make quick decision on new boss

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
From the above shareholding figures the Blooms together do not have as many shares as DK so while they may be pulling the purse strings they do not control the board.

Harry Richard Knight* 1,602,500 23.02%
William John Brown 1,100,000 15.80%
Anthony Grant Bloom 850,000 12.21%

When I went to school 15.80% + 12.21% = 28.01%... which was, and I guess still is, more than 23.02%

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Harry Richard Knight* 1,602,500 23.02%
William John Brown 1,100,000 15.80%
Anthony Grant Bloom 850,000 12.21%

When I went to school 15.80 + 12.21 = 28.01... which was, and I guess still is, more than 23.02.

You don't have two Blooms there...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
DK holds less than a quarter of the shares , the other shareholders hold 76.98%

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
DK holds less than a quarter of the shares , the other shareholders hold 76.98%

Much depends on how much say all shareholders have in the running of the club. Normally a company would be run by its board, not all the shareholders.

There would be an AGM at which the shareholders can express their confidence in the chairman/board..or otherwise.

Anyone else slightly curious about when the remaining 43,000,000 shares might be issued and where they might/could end up?
The share capital (£1 shares) was increased from 30,000,000-50,000,000 last spring around the time that a £30M convertible loan note facility was set up; the latter would enable a loan to the club to be repaid as shares.

Can I just say to seagull73 and knotty that your desire for blissful ignorance of decisions made by the board has now been made many times by you two. Taking your advice back in 1997 would have meant the extinction of our club so perhaps Albion fans have a right to be sceptical of these sort of things. Now if you don't want to read about the speculation then go back to eating crayons or whatever you two do and don't bother opening these threads and please desist with posting the usual "I trust the board completely all the time about absolutely everything and will invest all the proceeds of a windfall promised to me by a Nigerian civil servants email".

Thanks you two and don't worry. You're still special

Can I just say to seagull73 and knotty that your desire for blissful ignorance of decisions made by the board has now been made many times by you two. Taking your advice back in 1997 would have meant the extinction of our club so perhaps Albion fans have a right to be sceptical of these sort of things. Now if you don't want to read about the speculation then go back to eating crayons or whatever you two do and don't bother opening these threads and please desist with posting the usual "I trust the board completely all the time about absolutely everything and will invest all the proceeds of a windfall promised to me by a Nigerian civil servants email".

D- from me.
Suggest you compare and contrast the composition of the Board, shareholders and individual shareholdings of both from 1997 to 2009; then resubmit this piece coursework.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From this listing it can be seen that D Knight still has the largest shareholding followed by Bill Brown. The Blooms only have the largest if they are combined and together. .

Sorry that posting was wrong I made the same mistake as titanic and added Tony Blooms shares to those of Bill Brown instead of Ray Bloom, it just shows that even God can make mistakes.:lol:

D- from me.
Suggest you compare and contrast the composition of the Board, shareholders and individual shareholdings of both in 1997 and 2009; then resubmit this piece coursework.

Nice try but your defence of blissful ignorance would carry more weight if you hadn't shown in a previous post that you're just as nosey about the goings on at board level as the rest of us. True, it's only the stuff in the public domain but it's still being nosey.

F from me. You answered the wrong question

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here