Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kinight to make quick decision on new boss

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Albion chairman Dick Knight will launch the search for Micky Adams' managerial successor after today's game against Millwall.

Knight revealed: "As far as a replacement for Micky is concerned, I shall be drawing up a shortlist of contenders and I shall be making that decision as soon as possible, because clearly we need someone in at the helm as soon as possible.

"I can't put an exact day on it but I shall be putting together very quickly a shortlist of contenders and making a decision very quickly after that.

"I will be on that case probably this evening and certainly tomorrow. I have got to move very quickly."

Candidates are expected to include managers both currently in and out of work.

One name likely to be high on the list is former England midfielder Paul Ince. He had success at League Two level with Macclesfield and MK Dons before a brief spell with Blackburn in the Premier League earlier this season.

Albion have been caught on the hop to some extent by the outcome of yesterday afternoon's meeting between Knight and Adams, which led to an announcement from the club this morning that Adams has left by mutual consent.

Knight said: "I met with Micky to discuss the league position and the game against Millwall.

"Obviously none of us expected to be in the position we are in the league. Micky and I had a full discussion and were very open with one another.

"As the discussion developed it became clear that it would be in the best interests of the club for Micky to stand down.

"It is very sad that it hasn't worked out for Micky this time but we are in a results business."

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yes, I too am listening to the radio.

I thought Harty conducted the interview quite well to be fair, I'm not his biggest fan, but he did that interview quite well, pointed out a major flaw in what Dick was saying, he must have had the approval from the board before making that decision, it's not just up to him, he MUST have gone into that meeting with permission to sack/let Micky resign. It's a minor point, but I'm glad Harty pointed it out.

Jim McNulty is a scouser then, I didn't know that before today.

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
I think what really happenned was the board told Dick to sack him but Dick had too continue with his lies - he got very agitated with Harty when he asked the question that he hadn't gone to the meeting to sack him (Micky) but yet the board were in agreement of him being sacked

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Yes, I too am listening to the radio.

I thought Harty conducted the interview quite well to be fair, I'm not his biggest fan, but he did that interview quite well, pointed out a major flaw in what Dick was saying, he must have had the approval from the board before making that decision, it's not just up to him, he MUST have gone into that meeting with permission to sack/let Micky resign. It's a minor point, but I'm glad Harty pointed it out.

Jim McNulty is a scouser then, I didn't know that before today.

Completely agree about the interview. I thought Harty did that well, pointed out the flaw, then left it when DK started to get rattled. Point made, job done by Harty.

I didn't realise McNulty was a scouser either. I missed the first bit of the interview, and was trying to work out who it was. :blush:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Completely agree about the interview. I thought Harty did that well, pointed out the flaw, then left it when DK started to get rattled. Point made, job done by Harty.

I suspect what most likely happened was that the rest of the board wanted him sacked and Dick didn't and so the board had agreed to give him longer. When they met up, something that Mickey said may have caused Knight to lose faith (maybe when told the rest of the board wanted him out but that Knight had backed him he didn't seem grateful enough) and so he could sack him knowing that he was the only one holding up the inevitable

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Errrmmmm what made you think errrmmm McNulty was errrmmmm a scouser, like.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
DK is looking at a young up and comming manager already in work according to SCR!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I suspect what most likely happened was that the rest of the board wanted him sacked and Dick didn't and so the board had agreed to give him longer. When they met up, something that Mickey said may have caused Knight to lose faith (maybe when told the rest of the board wanted him out but that Knight had backed him he didn't seem grateful enough) and so he could sack him knowing that he was the only one holding up the inevitable

My thoughts exactly.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
NO DONT RUSH INTO THIS DICK....THINK LONG AND HARD AND MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION

ie Get on a plane to Paris and bring back Jean Tigana

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Errrmmmm what made you think errrmmm McNulty was errrmmmm a scouser, like.
Is McNutty allowed in the dressing room on his own ? :lol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Caretaker until the Summer.

Take stock, see which division we are in and then go for the best man.

Right now, I am not sure we are in a strong enough position to attract the more ambitious managers.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Whoever we get lets not slate him eh :glare:.... sadly thou who-ever is on a hiding to nothing with some of the peeps on here

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Hessentaler will kick ass, knows the game at this level (player who aren't trying won't con him), confident with all the wins at Dover and top of the league, lives reasonably near and won't cost a fortune.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've just listened to that Harty interview with Knight. For what it's worth I thought Ian did very well and went about as far as he could in questioning the almost unbelievable chain of events as outlined by the chairman.

It just didn't stack up at all. He claimed there was no intention at all of sacking Micky, yet had spoken to the board beforehand about the meeting. I cannot believe in those conversations that Adams' future was not raised.

Then there are the pre-prepared mantras to deflect awkward questions. 'Micky and I have always been open and honest with each other.' 'It became clear during the meeting that it was in the best interests of the football club if he went now.' Why? What was said? What precisely made them both draw that conclusion? What does any of this actually mean?

Increasingly it's just words with Knight, everyone's getting a bit fed up with his brand of bullsh*t, and if people are brave enough to question what he is actually saying it soon becomes clear that it's all a load of spin and he just cannot cut to the chase and give a straight answer.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I'm sick and f***ing tired of having DK's carefully chosen PR shit rammed down my throat. As pointed out earlier in this thread, why does he have to put himself across as the high and mighty power who makes decisions all on his own? The board voted and DK had to deliver their wish. Now its I will be conducting a shortlist and I will be looking for a new manager. f*** sake Dick, you have no money and you have lost the respect of the fans, just step aside for fucks sake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here