Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Kev Flaky as ever

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It looks to me like Keegan is already preparing his excuses at Newcastle. I wonder if he has been misled. Reading an interview with him in today's paper, he's talking about the Dennis Wise appointment - my comments in italics:

"I think it's positive" said Keegan "as long as I can get on with my job"

"[and as long as] I get all the help I need as its been put to me" (where do you even start with that sentence??)

"I talked to Dennis before the game (not met him before?) and he wished us (us and them?) all the best"

"There's been no deception (who mentioned that anyway??), it's been very open"

"I'm fine. I pretty much know (pretty much!) from the conversations we've had what Dennis is going to do"

"The idea, in principle, is very good"

"I'm all for changes, it's not a problem, I approve of them (but didn't approve them, despite being his boss?)"

"They want someone on the board who knows football (but Kev doesn't want someone there?)"

"Dennis Wise, whatever anybody writes about him (!), knows about football"

"He'll report to me"

Talk about distancing yourself and sitting on the fence. Kev's at it all ready - pass the popcorn please.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Wise played under Keegan for England, so they have met ...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He'll be gone by the end of the season. Well out of his depth, imo.

I think he'll last the season but not much longer. The maddest appointment I can ever remember - and there have been some choice ones to choose from.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
And the comedy goes on.

Apparently within hours of King Kev making these comemnts, the Newcastle board issued a statement saying that Wise in fact reports directly to the board and not to Keegan.

ROFL as my teenage kids would say. LMFAO!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The football will get progressively worse as we all know. And when that happens I hope Newcastle's fans finally grow some BALLS and stay away and vote with their feet. Their board's incompetence is taking the piss.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There were stories in various papers after one of the Newcastle Arsenal games that a number of Newcastle players were like "WTF?" when he gave his team talk.

Which, by all accounts, seemed to consist mainly of him saying "go get 'em boys".

I suspect football these days is a bit more sophisticated than that, and I give him two months before we next see that bewildered face before the press again, stating that he's done all he can for Newcastle United etc etc.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I just wish Michael Owen would get the f*** out of St James' Park. Arguably Englands best striker when in form, but that just ain't going to happen at Newcastle. If based on recent form alone, I'd be surprised if Mr Capello includes Owen in today's squad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I maintain that the 26 points Big Sam got is the only reason Newcastle will stay up. I reckon King Kev will be lucky to get 14 points from the remaining 14 games.

There is a relegation dogfight, a 3-way title dogfight and a UEFA Cup dogfight. Too many teams with good managers will turn Newcastle over. The deadline is already almost upon us and who exactly has Keegan signed?

There's more drama and comedy here than Byker Grove and The Likely Lads all rolled into one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I hope Newcastle's fans finally grow some BALLS and stay away and vote with their feet.
They were already doing exactly that prior to KK's arrival - the crowd for the Stoke replay was going to be around 25k till news of "the messiah" broke.

"Best fans in the land" my left bollock. They're just as fickle as the rest of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here