Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kieron Dyer

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No, we're not signing him.
No, he's not retired (though I thought he had already).

He played 7 minutes for QPR last season and has played 35 games in 5 years yet he's handed a new deal by QPR. Unbelievable.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I might just say I'm a brilliant but really injury prone player, and see how much of a wage packet I can pick up.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I am definitely in the "thought he had retired" camp, even if he did somehow get fit again how good would he actually be?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
This is very sad , football-wise if not bankroll wise, because when he first played for England he was superb. He went past players like they weren't there and looked like he would be an England fixture for years. Then the injuries started and never stopped.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
very unfortunate. i recall something about him being one of the first to training every day, albeit physio, for years he was at Westham.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I really thought he had retired too! Given how little hes played for QPR, very surprised they're giving him a new contract. Maybe its a pay if you play?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
This is very sad , football-wise if not bankroll wise, because when he first played for England he was superb. He went past players like they weren't there and looked like he would be an England fixture for years. Then the injuries started and never stopped.

Agree, he looked as though he would an absolute world beater. To be fair to him, he is sticking at it and the fact he has been given a new deal hopefully means he isn't far off match fitness.

Ledley King is another that springs to mind, he even gets the Captains Armband when he can play!

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
He played 7 minutes for QPR last season and has played 35 games in 5 years yet he's handed a new deal by QPR. Unbelievable.
I said to my niece before kick off 1st game of the season 'give him 20 minutes and he'll be injured and out for the rest of the season'. Oh how we laughed! :ohmy:

He went down in the 3rd minute and the rest of the time he was being treated before being stretchered off. I'm just amazed he's being kept unless it's a training exercise for the medical team.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No, we're not signing him.
No, he's not retired (though I thought he had already).

Unbelievable isn't it... f*** I'd love his job!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What does he care anyway? He was on £65,000 a week at Newcastle (according to Graeme Souness) and he was there for 4 years! In which time, he built up his estate empire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here