Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall **Singed for Chelsea 02/07/2024**

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Every single Chelsea first team player is on significantly more than our highest earner, Of course it’s wages that mean we lack pull. And even if we were matching do you think a single player would ever choose any club of our size compared to a trophy laden Chelsea?
Piss off with your logic :lolol:

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
So, it sounds like we were willing to pay Leicester £25m and give them Moder.

Whereas, Chelsea are paying £30m, but Leicester have to buy an academy player from them for £5m. They would have definitely got the better deal with us.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Whereas, Chelsea are paying £30m, but Leicester have to buy an academy player from them for £5m. They would have definitely got the better deal with us.

Yes, but the player will have been offered far more wages than by us and probably on a longer deal.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Did you enjoy series 1? I gave it a go and was rather disappointed.
Think Fati could do a decent job if he had a real coach. We'll see next season - wherever he is (not with us) - if he's really no better than Aaron Connolly, or if we just didn't manage to get the most out of him.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Think Fati could do a decent job if he had a real coach. We'll see next season - wherever he is (not with us) - if he's really no better than Aaron Connolly, or if we just didn't manage to get the most out of him.
Is there any Universe where someone might wonder if Fati is no better than Connolly? We did not get the best out of him but he is far ahead of Connolly in every way, can you see another Universe where Connolly could be a Barcelona star? :lolol:

You need to reign in your RDZ criticism too, it makes you sound daft, to suggest he is not a decent coach is madness and/or ongoing bitterness that he replaced Potter and took us to another level :smile:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Is there any Universe where someone might wonder if Fati is no better than Connolly? We did not get the best out of him but he is far ahead of Connolly in every way, can you see another Universe where Connolly could be a Barcelona star? :lolol:

You need to reign in your RDZ criticism too, it makes you sound daft, to suggest he is not a decent coach is madness and/or ongoing bitterness that he replaced Potter and took us to another level :smile:
Potter is still getting shit years later for not turning Percy Tau into the next Lionel Messi, whereas in the case of Fati, all the blame has been on him.

Roberto De Zerbi took a top 6 squad to a top 6 position. He then took a top 10 squad to 33 (or was it 34?) points in the final 32 league games. The "another level" he took us to at the end of the road. Won the EL group, like any PL team should in any EL group, and then went to Rome with the most ridicilous attitude ever seen. Him and Gross licking the balls of the allegedly majestic Roma the day before the game and then going out to play as if they were facing Bognor Regis in the FA Cup. Lmao. And thats not even touching THREE key players (Trossard, Sanchez and Caicedo) going on a strike with this helmet in charge.

Relegated with Darfo Boario, left Foggia (and they improved when he left) a few days before league start due to a lack of signings, sacked in Palermo, relegated with Benevento, two eight place-finishes with eight highest-budget Sassuolo, one meh spell in Shakhtar, followed by getting behind a self-playing piano in Brighton, with everything going to shit the minute he started playing his own tunes.

I'm not convinced. We'll see in due time if Roberto is the "world class manager" nearly everyone in here described him as, or if he's a knob who knows how to push the right psychological buttons to get the gig he wants.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Has he singed for Chelsea then? If he hasn't surely everything resets as the whole point was getting it done before 30th June.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Potter is still getting shit years later for not turning Percy Tau into the next Lionel Messi, whereas in the case of Fati, all the blame has been on him.

Roberto De Zerbi took a top 6 squad to a top 6 position. He then took a top 10 squad to 33 (or was it 34?) points in the final 32 league games. The "another level" he took us to at the end of the road. Won the EL group, like any PL team should in any EL group, and then went to Rome with the most ridicilous attitude ever seen. Him and Gross licking the balls of the allegedly majestic Roma the day before the game and then going out to play as if they were facing Bognor Regis in the FA Cup. Lmao. And thats not even touching THREE key players (Trossard, Sanchez and Caicedo) going on a strike with this helmet in charge.

Relegated with Darfo Boario, left Foggia (and they improved when he left) a few days before league start due to a lack of signings, sacked in Palermo, relegated with Benevento, two eight place-finishes with eight highest-budget Sassuolo, one meh spell in Shakhtar, followed by getting behind a self-playing piano in Brighton, with everything going to shit the minute he started playing his own tunes.

I'm not convinced. We'll see in due time if Roberto is the "world class manager" nearly everyone in here described him as, or if he's a knob who knows how to push the right psychological buttons to get the gig he wants.

Great stuff!! The only caveat I would add is that - on the evidence of my own eyes, in many, many games - RDZ had us playing the most exciting, innovative football for the past 50 years (and no doubt in our entire history). Lots else to pick apart in your assessment, but I’ll leave that for now….

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was saying Leicester got a better deal with us. The player obviously will get more in the short term with Chelsea.
Not in terms of minutes on the pitch. But certainly in bosses. I wonder how many managers he is going to get through in the next 18 months?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Great stuff!! The only caveat I would add is that - on the evidence of my own eyes, in many, many games - RDZ had us playing the most exciting, innovative football for the past 50 years (and no doubt in our entire history). Lots else to pick apart in your assessment, but I’ll leave that for now….
I think we all know the dream team would be Potter and RDZ as a partnership.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Even Chelsea fans don't seem impressed by this signing according to many comments on their message boards - along the line of 'why do we need another midfielder, and what a waste of money on a reserve!'.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

£5M for Golding? Time we re-assessed our (alleged) £500K valuation of Marc Leonard then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here