Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall **Singed for Chelsea 02/07/2024**

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Depends on what the alternative is. Playing for a club challenging for Europe compared to one starting with a points deduction in a relegation battle sounds alright to me.

He knows he is likely going to be sold, so I'm pretty sure his agent will be looking for the best prospect for him, their aspirations are likely a top 6 club. Man United linked with him today, and weren't Arsenal reportedly interested in January but told him to hang on till the Summer? We won't be initially his first choice, but obviously he may join if there are no better offers and we can offer a compelling case to him.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
9-1 at SkyBet to sign for us.

Seems like a litte bit of value there as the favourite (Chelsea) may not be able to sign players in June due to PSR. The same reason Leicester would only sell in June.

Cheeky quid or two? Naylor keeps banging the drum for him.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
9-1 at SkyBet to sign for us.

Seems like a litte bit of value there as the favourite (Chelsea) may not be able to sign players in June due to PSR. The same reason Leicester would only sell in June.

Cheeky quid or two? Naylor keeps banging the drum for him.
Him or the lad from Celtic I expect. Maybe the latter.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Can't see it happening. If Leicester decide that he needs to be sold in order to balance the books, then there'll be 4 or 5 other clubs with deeper pockets that us interested. Even if the player did fancy joining us, Leicester would much prefer a sale to the highest bidder & that wouldnt be us.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
obviously the club handle recruitment irrespective of who the manager is, but doesn’t strike me that hürzeler’s system particularly uses a 10, or even an advanced 8. would rather we spend the money on a right winger and shoring up the defence

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
He's too good for us I'm afraid, and if chelsea are supposedly in for him, that means his ego would of got inflated and wouldn't consider us because of wages etc.
Chelsea would suit him, his former coach etc......but would he start every game like he probably would with us ?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I would tend to agree with most that I don't think he will come to us, but Naylor keeps saying we will try so who knows.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Chelsea would suit him, his former coach etc......but would he start every game like he probably would with us ?
For four or five times the wages, he’d be unusual by modern footballer standards if not playing every week was more important than the money. If Chelsea are in for him we have no chance imo.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Leicester need to sell in June along with Chelsea, Newcastle and Villa then there's 3 clubs who probably won't buy him.

I don't see Liverpool or the Manchester clubs coming in for him which then leaves Spurs or West Ham. Both of those are good fits.

I think the fact that De Zerbi has gone and we are not in Europe has put this signing out of our reach, although the wage budget will be there now Lallana and Fati have left.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
If Leicester need to sell in June along with Chelsea, Newcastle and Villa then there's 3 clubs who probably won't buy him.

I don't see Liverpool or the Manchester clubs coming in for him which then leaves Spurs or West Ham. Both of those are good fits.

I think the fact that De Zerbi has gone and we are not in Europe has put this signing out of our reach, although the wage budget will be there now Lallana and Fati have left.

If Chelsea buy at the end of the month, could Leicester put into this year's accounts and Chelsea into next year's? Chelsea have still got more training ground to sell back to themselves, so I wouldn't put anything past them.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If Chelsea buy at the end of the month, could Leicester put into this year's accounts and Chelsea into next year's? Chelsea have still got more training ground to sell back to themselves, so I wouldn't put anything past them.
Chelsea will amortise the fee regardless.
but i assume 1/5 of the fee will have to go into this year's accounts.

Chelsea have already alluded to the fact that they can get around ffp, for this season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Chelsea will amortise the fee regardless.
but i assume 1/5 of the fee will have to go into this year's accounts.

Chelsea have already alluded to the fact that they can get around ffp, for this season.
They probably can for the Premier League. UEFA will be a different matter as they won't allow the sale of the hotel or a section of the training ground to count towards their FFP calculation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here