Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall **Singed for Chelsea 02/07/2024**

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
PBOBE is a candid interview in May said the club (TB and PBOBE) decided not to make January signings other than Barco because returning players would mean we’d be left with too many in the following months. Explaining their side of the story in not flexing to RDZ’s requests.
That sounds like the club scuppering the deal rather than RDZ though, or have I misunderstood (not unusual )

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes, that’s what I’m saying, PB was clear that the Board banked on the injured players returning (it was they who decided the squad was strong in every department for an excellent Feb to May).
Ok, but that doesn’t tally with what Bozza said about RDZ scuppering the deal. Sounds like he’s heard an alternative version of events.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It might come down to whether he rated Maresca as a coach. Leicester didn't exactly finish the season well and the fans were quite critical of their style of football.

Or whether he thinks there's a definitive, regular role for him in Chelsea's midfield alongside Caicedo, Fernandez, Ugochukwu, Chukwumeka, Lavia, Casadei and Andrey Santos, as opposed to being bought to be a first choice at the Amex.

Ah f*** it: it'll just be how many millions they bung his agent, won't it?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Was that the BBC doc? That other guy seemed to be the brains and money behind everything with Lineker being more the public face. He does seem a bit f***ed though, voice has gone and his skin looks like leather.
Yep, having lived in Ibiza during the late sixties and early seventies when it was a hippie paradise I find it very sad to see the change. It was a magical island and now it’s a rich fuckers playground :down:

I have Ibicenco friends who avoid any of the “hot spots” and have nothing to do with tourists and are not at all happy with what their beautiful island has become.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It might come down to whether he rated Maresca as a coach. Leicester didn't exactly finish the season well and the fans were quite critical of their style of football.

Or whether he thinks there's a definitive, regular role for him in Chelsea's midfield alongside Caicedo, Fernandez, Ugochukwu, Chukwumeka, Lavia, Casadei and Andrey Santos, as opposed to being bought to be a first choice at the Amex.

Ah f*** it: it'll just be how many millions they bung his agent, won't it?

Forgetting Chelsea are vastly bigger payers, and enrich agents on a scale not seen previously seen.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here