Crysencio Summerville 22, LW/RW, Leeds

Agustin Roberto, 18, CF, Riverplate
Thanks! Just a few then.

Nice to get some rumours without the toxic masculinity

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It would be great to see us sign a left back, a winger and a DM plus bring another defender from the u21s.But probably be yet another window of disappointment.
Yeah you’re right, we’re rubbish at this signing players thing. It’s been a tough few years following Brighton what with our disappointing transfer windows.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It would be great to see us sign a left back, a winger and a DM plus bring another defender from the u21s.But probably be yet another window of disappointment.
Are our transfer windows always disappointing ? Aren't they a bit like the quip by the Chinese Premier (actually debunked quip as it turned out) about the consequences of the 1789 French Revolution - "too soon to tell".

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yeah you’re right, we’re rubbish at this signing players thing. It’s been a tough few years following Brighton what with our disappointing transfer windows.
I didn't say we were rubbish at signing players.
Last summer and January were very disappointing though.
Still, well done for getting your sarcastic comment in first.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
If we want to sign both Dewsbury-Hall and Summerville,I would imagine it would cost us in the region £70m. I think we need to do both deals before the 30th June as it would appear on the same set of accounts as the likes of Caicedo and Sanchez. That would help us keep out of trouble of future PSR (or whatever its called) trouble.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Can we just stop all this speculation yet again please? Neither of them are coming to us and it's just
pointless bollox gossip.
That's the spirit !! As we were after KDH in January, I'd suggest it's not bollocks to think we might still be after him. As for Summerville, very likely he's off, quite plausible we're interested, so will others. If you find transfer speculation annoying I'd suggest a couple of months off NSC !!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If we want to sign both Dewsbury-Hall and Summerville,I would imagine it would cost us in the region £70m. I think we need to do both deals before the 30th June as it would appear on the same set of accounts as the likes of Caicedo and Sanchez. That would help us keep out of trouble of future PSR (or whatever its called) trouble.
Thank you for this. It’s what I was thinking too but thought I may have got it wrong. It makes sense to get deals done before 30th June, if we can.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
That's the spirit !! As we were after KDH in January, I'd suggest it's not bollocks to think we might still be after him. As for Summerville, very likely he's off, quite plausible we're interested, so will others. If you find transfer speculation annoying I'd suggest a couple of months off NSC !!
Neither will want to come to us - simple as that. But I stand to be corrected.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
If you sell the asset (player) before it is fully depreciated (amortised) then in the (accounting) year of sale the profit & loss account will record a cost of the balance remaining - called NBV (Net Book Value).

So what's Gross book valur then? :whistle:

At least I think that's how it works from my A-level accountancy memories of 1987.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
PSR runs over a 3 season rolling period. Teams can’t make a net loss of more that £105m over this period (although admittedly, there a loop-holes and avoidence techniques).

According to Transfermarkt, we’ve made an estimated net profit on transfers of £172m in this last 3 season period. This does not include compensation for our non-playing staff.

So unless we’re thinking of spunking £277m over the next two weeks, there is not any worry of us getting into trouble with PSR.

Last edited:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
PSR runs over a 3 season rolling period. Teams can’t make a net loss of more that £105m over this period (although admittedly, there a loop-holes and avoidence techniques).

According to Transfermarkt, we’ve made an estimated net profit on transfers of £172m in this last 3 season period. This does not include compensation for our non-playing staff.

So unless we’re thinking of spunking £277m over the next two weeks, there is not any worry of us getting into trouble with PSR.
I'm thinking more about the future. If we buy our big money signings by 30th June. It gives us more scope for the next 3 sets of accounts.
I dont think we are going to sell many more players for £100m+, so using it to counter balance our PSR as much as possible makes sense to me.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I'm thinking more about the future. If we buy our big money signings by 30th June. It gives us more scope for the next 3 sets of accounts.
I dont think we are going to sell many more players for £100m+, so using it to counter balance our PSR as much as possible makes sense to me.
That depends entirely on how Ferguson, Enciso, Baleba etc push on next season. Not to mention if Estupiñan and/or Mitoma regain form they'll each be worth £50-80m

There's a few in the squad with extremely high ceilings, just a matter of them reaching that level.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
That's the spirit !! As we were after KDH in January, I'd suggest it's not bollocks to think we might still be after him.

But why didn't we actually sign him (or try harder to sign him) in January if we were serious? Instead we (allegedly) offered £20 million, right at the end of the January window - which was half what they wanted in order to sell and gave them no time to get in a replacement. There were no other teams in for him then and we still had Europe. It's much more difficult now!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But why didn't we actually sign him (or try harder to sign him) in January if we were serious? Instead we (allegedly) offered £20 million, right at the end of the January window - which was half what they wanted in order to sell and gave them no time to get in a replacement. There were no other teams in for him then and we still had Europe. It's much more difficult now!
Leicester made it their priority to get promoted. This involved digging their heels in and keeping their best player.

The mission has now changed.

The priority (until the end of June) is now avoiding a points deduction for next season.

I think it’s easier now. I don’t think we have anything like the competition for signings we’ll have come the 1st of July because of PSR.

We might not have as much difficulty grabbing players who were in the Championship last season as many believe.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Leicester made it their priority to get promoted. This involved digging their heels in and keeping their best player.

The mission has now changed.

The priority (until the end of June) is now avoiding a points deduction for next season.

I think it’s easier now. I don’t think we have anything like the competition for signings we’ll have come the 1st of July because of PSR.

We might not have as much difficulty grabbing players who were in the Championship last season as many believe.
But do we really want moody players who have been offloaded by their clubs through necessity - but given the
choice wouldn't have come near us? I'm not so sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here