Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Alot of 'what aboutery` there! End of the day, he didn't jump at the first club that came along as did The Gormless Brummie and probably earned himself a very healthy payrise. Lets just hope his loyalty doesn't let the Gormless one back in!
I think you mean speculation rather than whataboutery...

And to be fair to Jem, 99% of what is being discussed on this thread (and all the others) is speculation, based on very little other than the odd tweet, inference, conjecture, rumour or plain old-fashioned guesswork (or combination of any/all).

Fun though isn't it :)

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
He’s not coming, his Uncle, a United fan, was dining in The Goldstone 1901 East on Sunday. He’s extremely flattered by the link but has built up an amazing relationship with the Ipswich owners. Loyalty is a huge part of his Footballing DNA, in addition to this Sir Alex is one of his biggest admirers, so he will go about his business and further honing his craft in Suffolk but we could see the ultimate move a few years down the line. (If Fergie is still with us)

Part of me hopes his Uncle was throwing out a red herring but he seemed pretty genuine 🤷‍♂️
One of the maxims that should guide all our lives...Always Listen to Lenny.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He’s played an absolute blinder here. Fair play to him.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well I'm sure we can all agree that "we never wanted him anyway".
I didn’t! I always said he wasn’t experienced enough.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Agreed ? But what about reports that say he was interested in the move to Chelsea but they turned him down ? Not sure that squares with the idea that he was always staying with Ipswich. Did he use the speculation to get a better contract but was never going to leave ? Did he give Albion the impression likewise. ? Its all been a very curious 10 days .
Hopefully we will be in a good enough position to be able to chant ‘Should have signed for the big club” in both fixtures

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
He’s played an absolute blinder here. Fair play to him.
Probably from a financial level but I'd argue probably not from a career point of view. Managing us next year with our squad is a much better proposition than managing their squad and losing most weeks will rule him out of the 'big' jobs he's probably after. Anyway, lets see what TB comes up with....

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Maybe he’s playing advanced hard to get ?

JollyRedGiant

Apr 22, 2024
Very glad he's signed on again at Ipswich, never felt right to me him coming here. If he couldn't show loyalty to them there's no way we would have got any kind of loyalty from him.
Stop being silly - McKenna was heading into the last year of his contract with Ipswich. There is no loyalty when it comes to club ownerships sacking managers or selling players.

When he joined Ipswich they were stuck in the bottom half of L1 - and they only suffered 3 defeats in the second half of the season. The following season they got promoted with largely free agent signings. Last season McKenna brought in a couple of free transfers and 3 players for £1.5m each. Most of the players who played more than 40 games for Ipswich last season played in L1.

What he has done is nothing short of remarkable - and the guy will get a shot at a big club somewhere before very long.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Oh well. We move on.

If we have been gazumped, it would take a very small minded person to ring up Chelsea and make an offer for Omari Hutchinson that maximised the price they'd have to pay for him when they're trying to comply with a very tight FFP situation.

Some things money can't buy. EPL survival isn't one of them: The Amex :ROFLMAO:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I don’t think we are in some terrible situation but the club have made a rod for themselves with all the chat about list of people to take over certain key jobs. To some this implies that one person leaves with the next to come in sharpish. It hasn’t been like that

Head of medical leaves - replacement not due to come into until pre season
Head of recruitment leaves - temp replacement in place but presumably someone else will come in
First team coach leaves - taken longer than many expected because of all the chat about the magical lists.
Re first team Coach - How is speculation and “magic lists” amongst bookies, sports rags and online speculation on social media the Club making a rod for itself? - that seems to be a bizarre shift of blame.

The new Head of Medical was announced publicly at the fans forum before the end of the Bundesliga season Pfab is joining us from Eintracht Frankfurt - he presumably wasn’t available when our medics walked out, not until the German Club finished their season but we likely would have approached him immediately - Again, though, not sure why is this the Club’s fault?

Head of recruitment leaves - replacement in place - not unusual at all to replace key positions in any business with interim appointments until exactly the right candidate is available. Often the interim is an assistant who moves up but then takes over the role permanently. The Club is just carrying out normal business practice. It can take months to appoint people if they are under contract to serve notice at their current positions or on garden leave..as long as the job is being done, does it matter?

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Likewise we can’t crow about having long notice periods for our staff, then complain the club are hiring people who also have long notice periods …

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here