Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
My understanding of succession planning seems to be very different than some others on here. IMO Succesion planning is keeping tabs of a number of managers who we may be interested in should the need materialise. The list would include various managers at different stages of their carrers , and different availabilities. It would mean that when the time comes, we have already identified a number of managers so that we wouldn't be starting from scratch, but it doesnt mean that we have the new manager ready to sign the day the old one leaves.

We were very very lucky with RDZ in that someone who was very high on the list was (in very unfortunate circumstances) without a club. That was very unlikley to be the case this time round.

Given that whoever we go for is likley to be employed, and possibly quite happy where they are, or at least not unhappy, however high up the list, there is the possibility that that manager wants to stay where they are

It appears that untill about 10 days ago we were not in the position of talking to other managers to asertain their availability or lack of. IF KM was top of the list as we are being led to believe, it still doesnt make it a failure of the plan if he has decided to stay where he is or go elsewhere

I think the succesion plan will have identified a number of possible candidates and its to be excpected that not all of them will be available.

Its been just a week and a half since the club knew RDZ was definitley going, the fact that we havent annonced his succesor isnt a failure by any means, lets give the club a realistic time frame to get the right person in
We had 6 months to succession plan for Ali Mac and Caicedo leaving and ended up with a raw talent from France who’d barely played any first team football, and Dahoud. So I agree with your assessment but don’t share your confidence it will always work out well.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Very constructive.

How will GP get results with a squad that’s worse than when he left? :shrug:

I don’t believe it’s worse anywhere than in midfield and Baleba with another addition and Gilmour could turn that around. Your Potter negativity is very wearing.

In fact I would say the squad is MUCH better overall than when he walked

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don’t believe it’s worse anywhere than in midfield and Baleba with another addition and Gilmour could turn that around. Your Potter negativity is very wearing
You believe he’ll do better with Baleba, Gilmour and another youngster than Mac Allister, Gross, Mwepu, Bissouma and Caicedo?

:wozza:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Why are we so sure, that we were intrested in Mckenna? We all know that the club keeps things like this quiet. We just taking what the bookies are saging as fact. Mckenna has been fav fir us, chelsea and utd. Would not suprise me if nobody have spoken to him or either thought about having him. Maybe its mckenna agent who has been leaking made up stories to get a better deal. Waiting fir the bookies to make RDZ fav for the Brighton job, its the only one he has not been fav for.
It just makes a lot of sense.
People are comparing his achievement with Nigel Adkins, but this is a lot more impressive: Southampton and Ipswich aren't the same, times have changed, reaching the PL as a non-parachute receiving club is massively difficult, they also don't have the academy and infrastructure Southampton had... What the guy has achieved is nothing less than amazing. He's done something not quite possible.
Bit like us.

Tactically he has also played with the same 4-2-3-1 formation we've played for the most part of two seasons and built our squad around. Bringing in someone who prefers three at the back or two up front would mean some extra work for us.

It was logical to give it a shot, but I really don't think we ever thought he was "in the bag".

I can’t back the club to the levels I did before, if they bring back potter. Seriously killing any passion for the game from a fans perspective. It’s a shocking decision, seriously disappointed if it happens. I don’t care if he was 4th with us, it’s a bad decision, it will divide the fanbase and it will lead to emptier stadiums. So Poor.
This.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
You believe he’ll do better with Baleba, Gilmour and another youngster than Mac Allister, Gross, Mwepu, Bissouma and Caicedo?

:wozza:

There is more to a team than the midfield. Bissouma had gone before Caicedo made the first team and yes I see that Baleba could be as good as Bissouma and without knowing who else we might bring in I can’t comment further.

Your hate for Potter has made your comments and observations a bit unhinged imo

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
There is more to a team than the midfield. Bissouma had gone before Caicedo made the first team and yes I see that Baleba could be as good as Bissouma and without knowing who else we might bring in I can’t comment further.

That’s factually incorrect.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Are you quietly turning back into your previous persona of Potter fan-boy? 😉😂

What do you mean? We've done nothing wrong
Eeeerrrr it looks like we have, currently. Failing to back a manager who could take us even further, for the choice of sitting in the top 10 occasional Europe and now missing out on key management targets, that to me is a huge screw up. Unless of course we get Rydstrom and he was our first choice all along!

Can't help but think though that Bloom and Barber's arrogance may bite them in the arse a little bit here.

AND if it's true that Potter is being considered, I would be absolutely livid. That is a BIG step backward.

Eeeerrrr it looks like we have, currently. Failing to back a manager who could take us even further, for the choice of sitting in the top 10 occasional Europe and now missing out on key management targets, that to me is a huge screw up. Unless of course we get Rydstrom and he was our first choice all along!

Can't help but think though that Bloom and Barber's arrogance may bite them in the arse a little bit here.

AND if it's true that Potter is being considered, I would be absolutely livid. That is a BIG step backward.
May I add, as much as I understand their reasons, of course! But that doesn't mean I agree with it, because I still don't now, and this whole manager saga is why. We are never guaranteed our top targets. This could be a big f*** up.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011

Losing 4-0 to Luton wasn't because De Zerbi failed to get backed

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Care to let me know how many games Ali Mac, Bissouma, Gross, Caicedo and Mwepu played in the same team?
All the ones we did well in at the end of GPott’s last full season.

IMG_2165.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here